X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • edong
    • Mar 2003

hertz

I almost had a Rotel RMB 1075 from Singapore if not for the salesman telling me that I could not use it here in the Philippines because the Rotels sold in there are 50 hertz ratings and it is 60 in the Philippines. It was very disappointing for me because it was so cheap against buying it here in the Phil. I asked around and some people there said it didn't matter but some said it did. Is it true?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Not sure how the power ratings vary there, but I would check into a power adaptor. To get one that could effectively run a 1075 might offset the cost savings however..

Kevin D.

Comment

• edong
      • Mar 2003

Thanks Kevin. Do you mean I should plug it to a voltage regulator? But I think it adjusts voltage not cycles. Is there any cycle adaptor?

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

No cheaper ones will change the cycle, but according to:

http://www.voltageconverters.com/faq.htm#9

Most modern stereos won't notice a difference going from 50 to 60.. Your dryer might turn faster though...

Kevin D.

Comment

• Dr C
          • Feb 2003

Hi Edong - not sure which salesman you spoke to but I think you need not worry about the Hertz issue as I'm from Singapore and my 1066 says 230V, 50/60Hz.

So - unless you require 120V in your area (I believe most of the Philippines is now 220V), it's perfectly ok to buy Rotel stuff from Singapore. Warranty is another matter ...

Rgds - Dr C

Comment

• edong
            • Mar 2003

I finally decided to buy the rotel after all the advice. But I lost the 1075 and there isn't any yet so I just bought the RB 976. Problem is before I get a good sound, I have to warm it up to about an hour before it really performs? Is it right for this amp?

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"