X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goskers
    • Jun 2004

Music PC with a USB adaptor

Hello all,

I am using a pc as my front end for a 2 channel audio setup. I am thinking about using a usb to spdif adaptor as a 'transport' into my pc. What could I use as a control device that would allow me a synced interface between my remotely located pc and my listening room?

It needs to be silent.

Being able to sort through music libraries and create playlists will be it's main function.

Thanks
  • ajpoe
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by goskers
    Hello all,

I am using a pc as my front end for a 2 channel audio setup. I am thinking about using a usb to spdif adaptor as a 'transport' into my pc. What could I use as a control device that would allow me a synced interface between my remotely located pc and my listening room?

It needs to be silent.

Being able to sort through music libraries and create playlists will be it's main function.

Thanks
    a touch screen monitor and one or two of these.
    AJPoe - - Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

Comment

• mjb
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by goskers
      .... Being able to sort through music libraries and create playlists will be it's main function.
      Your last sentence narrows your choices a bit! Either a Squeezebox or Soundbridge gives you remote playlist control. Otherwise, Apples AirTunes with an Express Remote may be OK.
      - Mike

Main System:
      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
      Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• audioqueso
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

How much money? I have a nice setup that I'm very happy with. I spent about $100 for EVERYTHING. Computer, cable, etc. Here's what it consist of:

Old PIII system with Hercules sound card -> optical connection from card to my stereo
        video card with tv output -> long cable connecting to tv
        Meedio software to view album titles, playlist, etc on your tv
        SnapStream remote -> long USB cable with IR sensor for remote in your stereo room
        Girder to control Meedio using your SnapStream remote.

It took me a bit of time researching what items I needed, but now that it's complete it's the best thing I've done. I have 600 of my CDs in the palm of my hand.

I'll post pics later of what it looks like. Let me know if you're interested of if you have any questions.
        B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"