X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deepinder_gill
    • Dec 2004

RSP 1066 dead center channel

I have an issue with the center channel output on my Rotel RSP 1066. I do not hear any sound at all from the center channel. Even the test tones are silent with the center channel. As a matter of fact, the test test is silent on all center channel outputs (C1/C2/CB1/CB2). The center chanel is hooked up correctly. I have even routed other test tones to make sure the connections are right.

The firware version is 2.2.6.

I am not the original owner and I bought it used from ebay couple of days back. The seller sold it as new

Any ideas/feedback will be highly appreciated.
  • DrJRapp
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2003

Sounds scary. Before the panic sets in be sure to reset the 1066 to factory defaults. It's been a few months since I sold my 1066 but I seem to remember there was a selection in main setup to set to default.
    Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• deepinder_gill
      • Dec 2004

No luck

Yes I tried resetting it to factory defaults. The factory defaults took effect but with little success with center channel
      I know it may sound dumb but how is the tech support at Rotel. In the event that I have to send this unit for repairs, what kind of experience can I expect.
      It is sad that my first brush with Rotel had to be distasteful, for though no fault with the company. It is just my equipment...

Comment

• DrJRapp
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2003

It's a shame that your introduction to Rotel is a sour one, be assured things will get better. I understand that Rotel tech support is excellent. I've never had to avail myself of it since I deal directly with my dealer who deals with Rotel. I do know that their turnaround time on repairs is very fast here in the US. There is a sticky at the top of this forum called Tech Support Information which gives you email address for Andrew Pratt, a moderator for this forum who has an inside contact with Rotel support. I have also heard that Rotel sometimes honors it's warrantee beyond the first owner, even though their printed policy says otherwise. This is only hearsay, however.
        Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• deepinder_gill
          • Dec 2004

Center channel issue is now fixed

Thanks for all the help. It turns that I was using a bad interconnect just for the center channel. I had bought the interconnects from a very reputed cable company and could not believe that the interconnect was busted, that too just one in 5. I apologize for this confusion.
          I am one more proud owner of Rotel now

Comment

• DrJRapp
            Super Senior Member
            • Apr 2003

All's well that ends well! No apologies necessary, I think we've all overlooked something obvious like that before.

OK, NOW, welcome to the club. We are a lively group, so stop by often.
            Jerry Rappaport

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"