X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChadLee
    • Jan 2003

Need your opinions .....

Hello all,
    I was wondering if anyone here has or have used bryston amps (the 4bst in particular) along with a RSP 1066 pre , or a RSX 1055 as a pre ?
    The reason i am asking is that after stumbling upon your fine forum (which i find quite enjoyable and enlightning) i hope to join the ROTEL club very soon with the 1055 being my pre and still debating upon either the RMB 1075 or 1095.
    Originally i had also intended to get the 1080 as well to drive the mains but i stumbled across a nearly new bryston 4BST for roughly the same price as the 1080 and the mains im using like a lot of power.....so dilema ....
    Intending on driving a pair of JBL 4430 monitors (mains) as well as five full range channels utilizing 5 JBL S38 monitors.
    I have heard that the BRYSTON top end at times may be slightly on the bright side so would either of the ROTELs be used as the pre tame the top end ? (I've read everyone describing the rotel gear as having a very smooth high frequency range) , very non fatiguing....
    If anyone had any suggestions and or comments I would greatly appreciate it .....
  • Ricky
    • Aug 2000

Chad,

I'm not sure how you can put the $1k 1080 in the same league as a $2.5k 4B-ST, which competes directly with the likes of Aragon 8008BB, Classe CA200, Proceed HPA2. You should post this in the Audio Forum for more Bryston opinions.

Comment

• ChadLee
      • Jan 2003

Thanks for the suggestion Ricky but i wasn't posing the Bryston as being in the same league as the Rotel its just that i was wondering if anyone has used this combo before .....would also like to know if mismatching amps would be advisable or not ?
      Would the it greatly affect the sound ?
      And lastly would the channel levels between the mains and the surrounds (including) the centre be different ? ( as in the mains being louder than the rest ?)
      Sorry for all the stupid questions but im still trying to learn and with the money im about to spend i want to know that im hopefully making the right decisions ....thanks once again

Comment

• PhillipC
        • Jan 2003

Hi Chad,

I have a 4B-SST hooked up to the Rotel 1066 powering Paradigm Studio 100 speakers and can highly reccomend the Bryston amp. I use Cardas IC's so the highs are smoothed out.

Comment

• Zyzio
          • Feb 2003

I'm using RSP 1066 with Primare A 30.5 amp to drive Paradigm Studio 80 as main - the sound is excellent - Primare is 5 times mono amplifier - 120W/8ohm, 200W/4 ohm-so you have always enough power, even when all its channels are working !

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"