X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mattburk
    • Feb 2003

Marantz 9200/9300 Vrs. Rotel 1065

Hey guys, I am looking at getting either the Marantz 9200/9300 or the Rotel 1065. Both systems will cost me the same, because if I go the Rotel route I will need another amp, and I will buy a nicer remote. I have a M&K 750THX select speaker system. Which set up would be better? Is one better for music and the other better for movies? or is one superior to the other in every way? Please give any information explaining the difference in performance between these systems.
    Thanks
    www.mycstone.com
    www.coverednow.com
    www.biarenton.com
  • Madd
    • Jan 2003

This is what I would do:

Get the Rotel RSX 1055 & RMB 1075. Cost about $2100

If you get the RSX 1065. Cost about $1800 and you need another AMP.
    So with the RSX 1055 & RMB 1075 you have 10 channels to play with! 8O

Never argue with a fool,one may not know the difference!
    Never argue with a fool,one may not know the difference!

Comment

• Arnold van Oostrum
      • Sep 2002

As a real Rotel fan, I'm sorry to say that the SR9200 is a better sounding AV-receiver imn comparison to the RSX-1065.
      I've traded my 1065 for a SR9200 and it was a real trade-up. Both multi channel and stereo. It's the more detail in sound general and surround sound with a better more tight LFE that makes the 9200 a real beauty.

Go for the 9200, would be my advice.

Comment

• petrolhead
        • Jan 2003

Even better than RSP1066?

Comment

• ZX 6R
          • Jan 2003

I personally would recommend against any of the current big 7 channel receivers for serious home theater. It has nothing to do with sound either(well in a way it does).

All the 7 channel receivers seem to have massive cooling requirements and employ all kinds of fans. Putting in supposedly 7*140w amps in one box plus all the regular receiver stuff is just asking for problems on so many levels! Beyond that, lets say hypothetically it's just as reliable as 5 channel products. How would you like to be watching a movie and then all of a sudden in a really quiet passage hear 3 fans kick on? I can pretty much gauranty they aren't gonna be using really high quality low rpm pana-flo fans like you see the quiet PC folks using either. Heck even the 1065 which isn't rated nearly as high in power and doesn't have 7 channels has two fans in it(although they aren't that intrusive since as i said much lower in power and consequently heat). I personally haven't had any experience with those particular Marantz products. Unless they have much more advanced cooling technology than the rest of the industry and don't have or need fans then I guess what I am saying will not be applicable ........but I doubt it.

If you want that level of performance I say get separates like a 1066 and 1075 or 1095 (or whatever other products you like) and don't even think twice about it. With an invesment in separates you also have the flexibility of cannibalizing the amp if the fashion changes and 9:2 or some other thing takes over.....Oh well just my .02 worth.

Comment

• jaakan
            • Dec 2002

You will really need to hear both with your M&K 750THX speakers.

You can tweak out both Revs to sound great.

I'd go RSX 1055 & RMB 1075 or RSX 1055 & RMB 1066 ( Amp pairs can be bridged 120-150 watts x 3 ) Rotel says 150w

Comment

• mattburk
              • Feb 2003

Why would I need 10 channels of power? What is amp bridging?
              Couldnt I do the rsp 1066 and rmb for the same price?
              www.mycstone.com
              www.coverednow.com
              www.biarenton.com

Comment

• jaakan
                • Dec 2002

You'd only need need 10 channels of power if you have subs that are not self-powerd.

If the RSP1066+RMB that you looked at for the same price will work for Go get it.

on RMB1066 is Bridgable: in this case All the channel in the RMB1066 are in pairs. If you set the pair to non-bridged you get
                6 x 60watts. If you the pairs to bridged you get 3 x 150watts.
                It's kind of like Bi-amping with less wires, only one pre-amp-in and one speaker wire pair channel.

Comment

• mattburk
                  • Feb 2003

www.mycstone.com
                  www.coverednow.com
                  www.biarenton.com

Comment

• mattburk
                    • Feb 2003

Thanks, I just bought the Rotel rsp 1066 and rmb1075. I just read a thread a few up though entitled "can anyone make a case for the 1066?" IN that thread it says that the 1066 has basically the exact same specs as the rsx 1055, so am I wasting my money or what? I could have picked up the 1055 for $1169 and i just paid $1500 more to go with the separates, and now I dont have a tuner! Did I get ripped off or what?
                    www.mycstone.com
                    www.coverednow.com
                    www.biarenton.com

Comment

• Neal_C
                      • Feb 2003

Matt,
                      People are comparing the 1055 vs the 1066 on a preamp basis and saying the specs are the same. They aren't saying the 1055 is better than the 1066/1075 combo. So you really didn't spend $1500 to much.
                      I decided, just today, to get the 1055 to go with my 1075. I needed the tuner, its 200 bucks cheaper, and I have amplification for rear surrounds (if I ever go that way) or for another room without the need for another amp. The 1066's distortion is rated lower, but to me, that doesn't justify the extra money.

Hope that helps,

Neal

Comment

• mattburk
                        • Feb 2003

Thanks
                        I appreciate your help.
                        www.mycstone.com
                        www.coverednow.com
                        www.biarenton.com

Comment

• Mats
                          Special Member
                          • Jun 2000

i have to ask this question since i'm a newbie, and in two weeks i'll be ordering my rotel combination 1066/1075...unless, of course, i get my facts straight.

the reason i'm going with separates is that i want dedicated components- processor and amplification unto themselves, which from what i've been "taught" will give me a better sounding system. i'm willing to shell out a few hundred dollars extra for this, as well as for the freedom of separates.

that aside, my question is technical: the 1055 has 5x75 amplification. if i opted to get the 1075 amp as well, what will happen:

a) will the onboard amp (1055) still be utilized ?
                          b) will the 1075 amp augment the onboard amp ?

i'm going with paradigm studio 60's all around (mains and surrounds) so i wanted more power all around- more than 75 wpc, so this is the genesis of my concern.
                          Mats
                          Mats Strömberg
                          Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!
                          Navin R Johnson (alias Steve Martin)

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"