X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Greg Johnson
    • Jan 2003

A bad and a good day in Illinois

I finally got my 1066 Thursday. Unfortuatley it was DOA. To say I was a little pissed would be an understatement. I took it back to the dealer today and they lent me their floor model until my replacement arrives. A big thumbs up to Sound Forum in Lake in the Hills.
    I put in Diana Krall Live in Paris DVD and the sound was no less than excellent. definatley an improvement over my Denon 3300.
    I have to say that I even like the remote. Not bad at all. The only complaint is it's a little cumbersome changing inputs.
    There is one thing I'm baffled by is the 12 volt trigger. No matter if I have the power parameter set to Direct or Standby the only way to deactivate the 12 volt output is to turn off the unit from the front panel. This can't be normal is it? Is anyone else using the 12 volt trigger to turn on their amps? I need some help on this.
    Time to go watch another DVD.

Greg
  • thomed
    • Dec 2002

Greg,
    A year ago, I purchased one of the first 1066's. It took 2 units to get a working 12 volt trigger.

Comment

• Don
      • Feb 2003

Looks like rotel's QA isn't that good based on the poblems that I have read in this forum. The nice thing however, is they are able to rectify the situation.

This is like microsoft selling their software in a hurry and patching it later with a service pack.

Comment

• Greg Johnson
        • Jan 2003

I picked up my replacement unit Thursday and everything is ok now. Once again I must say that Sound Forum treated me very well in lending me their floor model. I am very happy with the sound quality I get from the 1066. It is quite an improvement over my Denon AVR-3300. Pro Logic II cinema is great for television sound as well.
        I figured out the issue I was having with the 12 volt trigger. You must have zone 2 turned off for them to function when the 1066 is turned off from the remote.
        There is one thing I'm not real happy with though. When I am watching a channel with a Dolby Digital soundtrack and change to a channel that isn't. The 1066 defaults to 2ch PCM instead of Pro Logic II. This something that Rotel should be able to fix with firmware I hope. I know there has been a thread on this issue already.
        Overall I'm very happy with my 1066. Sounds better than the receiver I was using before and is also much nicer looking as well.

Greg

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"