X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spacey
    • Feb 2003

Speaker cable choices

Folks,

I'm considering Signal Cables or Silver Sonic Q10 both in bi-wire configurations. Also interested in Bettercable Silver Serpent, but the price appears a bit much in a bi-wire. Using with 1075 Amp and B&W N804's. Any thoughts on choices are appreciated.
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Spacey, email me if you want to. I'd like for you to try Cattails Speaker Cables from CATCables. They are oxygen free copper in teflon, in a litz configuration. Very neutral sounding cables. Nothing but sound. I've got very nice locking barrel bananas, as well as a WBT option.

They've been well received, and possess all the right stuff, a very meaty cable! A few of the folks here have used CAT and Quantum Cables with good results I think. I'll let them chime in as to product quality. I'm not sure that any have tried our speaker cables yet.

Your cables would be preconditioned on a cable cooker, and may ship this week if you ordered. But it could be next week. We also offer 2 other models on the Quantum Cable site. (www.quantumcable.com)

Unsolicited sales messages are usually not allowed, but since I own both the forum and the cable companies, well... I thought I would at least tell you about us.

Thanks,
    Doug

Cable Guy DVD Collection
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• efarstad
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jun 2001

Spacey, I'd definately at least check out Doug's offerings...he's hooked me up with both Cats and Quantums and I'm a lifer now!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
      E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
      E-Cinema

Comment

• Rock Dog
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2003

I too, having close to $500 in Catcables, would highly recommend at least checking their products out. I am extremely happy with my cables. I currently have 3 silver cats for my R,C,L channels 1066-> 1095. Coppercables RR, RL 1066->1095. A Bluetiger for 1066->sub, and a Tigress Component Video cable for DVD->Grand Wega II TV. And I have seen significant improvements in each of the areas the cables addressed. I'm very impressed with the quality and design. And the customer service has been outstanding. At least give it a try. IMO

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"