X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eagle
    • Feb 2003

help with hum..

I just purchase an ex-dem RB-1090 and it sounds great. Problem is when only the speakers are connected they hum but you have to be near them to hear it. But the hum gets really loud when I plug in the antenna cable into my video.

Is there any way of getting rid of either hum?
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

It sounds like your antenna isn't grounded properly. What you need is a grounding block that most of the cable installers will sell or some elctronics shops. It looks like this. Simply attach this inline with your cable feed and then run a copper wire from the block to your cold water pipe.

Comment

• eagle
      • Feb 2003

Thanks for that but sin't this for external connection? If it is, unforunately I cannot make adjustment because I live in a rented accomodation.

Could you please help with other suggestions regarding something that could be used inside the house.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Ok if that's not an option there are a few other things to try. Basically the principal remains the same as the grounding block in that what we need to so do is break the ground somehow. There are various companies that make devices that you can buy to do this but one cheap way is to buy two of those RF converters that has a RF screw on terminal on one side and two wires at the other. Simple attatch the two wires ends together and plug the coax cable into one end and another to the other which will plug into your pre amp etc.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"