X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonnyz1245
    • Jan 2003

Floor Model 1095 buy or not buy ?

I found out I can get a floor model 1095 for 1499....a Great price.

Is there any reason I should NOT buy a used amp ?

This would take care of everything for now....once and for all !!!!

I do not know how old this unit is yet as I saw it on the web and the dealer is not open yet !!!
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Assuming it comes with the 5 year warrenty then jump on it. All my were purchased used since they're one of the safest items to buy used.

Comment

• ranzigepad
      • Jan 2003

or 4years of warrany. since it cant be mutch old than that. yes you can buy it. In Holland the unit costs new out of the box 2500euro's

for 1500 you buy the RMB-1075

Comment

• JohnSC
        • Jun 2002

My 2 channel amp was a display unit. It is fine. Go for it. That is a great buy.

John

Comment

• Rock Dog
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2003

Take into account that these things are not sold at Best Buy or CC. The general public does not get to come in and beat them up, so the floor models are most likely well cared for, and treated as if they were in your own home. If the warranty is there. I say go for it. $500 is a huge savings.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• sndtowne
            • Jan 2003

I would say "buy it." It's real deal. The five year warranty should apply since it does not start until the amp is sold. Since you know the dealer (and presumably he will stand behind the amp) I can see no down side at all to buying the amp. Go for it !

Bruce
            Bruce

Comment

• Lowend
              • Jan 2003

BUY! BUY! BUY! Run don't walk. I bought mine at Audiogon.com for $1250 US, 2 months old with no regrets and 6 months later it was still a steal! Best of luck!!!!!

Comment

• Ricky
                • Aug 2000

Buy used or demo? How do you do that? Is it safe with amps? I don't know how to buy demo/used :?

Not! Look at my profile ops:

Comment

• Mark_C.
                  • Jan 2003

My 1066 was an open box purchase. It was a return from another customer who decided, after one week, that he wanted a Krell instead. I bought it as if new, which any good dealer should do. I have a full warranty and the option to trade up to the 1098 with full credit being applied to the 1066 as a trade-in. I also got a great discount.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"