X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LEVESQUE
    • Oct 2002

Ordered my RSP-1098!

I know I'm crazy (we all are a little bit with this hobby...), but I just called my rotel dealer to be sure the first RSP-1098 they receive will be mine. So, I'm the first order they have for this unit. LOL. They are offering 100% credit on my RSP-1066, and are talking of a price around 3500-4000$ CDN.

So it will be a long wait for my silver RSP-1098!

This post is just to show how crazy some of us are with this HT hobby! ops: ops:
    To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

cool I was wondering which of you would be the first to order one Keep us posted when you get your new toy

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Bananas all around for you. Congrats! 100% credit on your 1066? Wow! How did you swing that? Keep us in the loop!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

arty:

CHRIS
      Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Arnold van Oostrum
        • Sep 2002

Wow... congrats on this deal. And yes... the waiting must be terrible fo ryou. But boy o boy, you've got something very nice to look forward to.

As you will guess, being the first you have to write an indepth review on your 1098 for this forum so we all know what we are missing.

Comment

• LEVESQUE
          • Oct 2002

For the 100% credit, I didn't had to argue a lot. Told them I was a regular customer since 5 years, and ask them if they had any trade-in program. He told me that if I bought the unit from them, and in the last year, it's 100% credit for good customers...

That's why I don't buy over the net, and try to always buy at the same place. Building a good relationship with a dealer is crucial.
          To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

• tommyc_295
            • Feb 2003

Hi guys, new to the forum. What are the differences between the 1098 and the 1066? Does it do video up-conversion? I have been looking at getting the 1066 but I haven't quite made up my mind just yet. I would like a pre/pro to do up-conversion for me so I can just use one type of cables to the projector. I guess I might just have to buy a seperate video converter. I know, too many questions. Sorry about that.

Comment

• mazuly
              • Feb 2003

Originally posted by tommyc_295
              Hi guys, new to the forum. What are the differences between the 1098 and the 1066? Does it do video up-conversion? I have been looking at getting the 1066 but I haven't quite made up my mind just yet. I would like a pre/pro to do up-conversion for me so I can just use one type of cables to the projector. I guess I might just have to buy a seperate video converter. I know, too many questions. Sorry about that.
              I am not sure, but I remember reading it somewhere that it does. Look at here and here for more infomation.

Thanks,
              Maziar

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"