X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skullmurdoc
    • Jan 2003

My system get's on by itself !!!

Hello,

My RSP1066 something get's on by itself! What's up with that ???
    It seems to appear randomly.

Anyone had this problem.

Fred
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

hmm that's a strange one! Do you have anything plugged into the RS232 port? How do you have the power on set in the setup screens?

Comment

• JohnSC
      • Jun 2002

Have you checked your standby settings? Maybe you have it set to power up fully when power is applied? Combined with a loose cable that could be the cause. It is a long shot but you never know!

John

Comment

• skullmurdoc
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
        hmm that's a strange one! Do you have anything plugged into the RS232 port? How do you have the power on set in the setup screens?
        Hello,
        Yes I have my RMB-1075 in the rs232 port and my power is set to direct. Should I change that ?

Thanks

Fred

Comment

• chromef
          • Nov 2002

It is probably caused by main power failures: when the power comes back, the preamp return to power on status, instead of standby. At least this is what happens to my RSP-976.
          Francesco

Comment

• LEVESQUE
            • Oct 2002

Exactly. Each time there is a power failure in my area, the RSP-1066 gets on when the power come back. So each time I leave for couple of days, I now unplug it.
            To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

• JohnSC
              • Jun 2002

Yes. That would happen if you had 'direct' selected. Mine is on 'standby' which means it only turns on when I power it up using the remote.

Comment

• skullmurdoc
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by JohnSC
                Yes. That would happen if you had 'direct' selected. Mine is on 'standby' which means it only turns on when I power it up using the remote.
                If I put it on stanby will it also close my 1075 when I close my 1066?

Fred

Comment

• JohnSC
                  • Jun 2002

I am assuming you are using the 12V Trigger function? If so, then yes. That is exactly how I have it working now with my 1075.

John

Comment

• skullmurdoc
                    • Jan 2003

Thx John.

Fred

Comment

• Uncle Clive
                      Former Moderator
                      • Jan 2002

Power outages, surges, spikes and brown outs, that can create problems with electronic equipment. A good surge protector is always an essential part of any HT setup. If your system components starts to do funny things all on there own, there is a good chance that the system IC (chip) has been damaged. There is no quick fix, the chip must be replaced. If you're still under warranty, have your retailer/service Department do the work ASAP.

Remember to protect your gear.

CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?
                      CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

• skullmurdoc
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Uncle Clive
                        Power outages, surges, spikes and brown outs, that can create problems with electronic equipment. A good surge protector is always an essential part of any HT setup. If your system components starts to do funny things all on there own, there is a good chance that the system IC (chip) has been damaged. There is no quick fix, the chip must be replaced. If you're still under warranty, have your retailer/service Department do the work ASAP.

Remember to protect your gear.
                        Thx for the warning Uncle Clive, my system is already and has always been protected. I really think that John has the solution for my specific problem.

Thx
                        Fred

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"