Buying Rotel in Canada....price difference ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonnyz1245
    • Jan 2003

Buying Rotel in Canada....price difference ?

I am on my way to BC for the weelend and was wondering if Rotel prices are any different up in the great white north ?

I know the Paradigm 40's I am picking up I am saving about 35% on.....

was looking at a RMB 1075 or 1095 and was wondering what prices were up there..

thanks
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

It depends on the dealers. The one I worked with here in manitoba was able to get me a really nice deal but the MRSP's work out to be about the same I think

Comment

• vernonbc
      • Oct 2002

I learned one thing when it comes to purchasing audio equipment. SHOP AROUND. I moved from Vancouver to the Okanagan a few years ago and realized that there was not much available in high-end audio dealers. I decided to phone up my favorite high-end dealer in Vancouver to get a quote on an RSP-1066 and an RB-1080. I was quoted around $3000.00, tax not included for the two pieces. I decided to do a dealer search for Rotel equipment and came up with a website of a dealer/installer located in Kelowna. I sent an email for a price quote for the 2 pieces. The reply came back a day later and $1000.00 dollars less. I asked them to order the two components for me and I had them in my home four days later. Not only was the price considerably less than I expected, the service was well above the norm.

Comment

• vernonbc
        • Oct 2002

Oooops! Double post. ....sorry

Comment

• Claude D D
          • Jan 2003

WOW vernonbc if you got your RSP-1066/RB-1080 combo for $2000 Canadian you got an amazing deal as that is well below dealer cost.Where did you get it from???

Comment

• vernonbc
            • Oct 2002

ops: Sorry everyone. I guess I should have proofread my post a third time. The price I was quoted in Vancouver was $4000 for the 2 components not $3000. I purchased them in Kelowna for $3000. If I remember correctly, the Vancouver quote for the 1066 was $2200.00 and the 1080 was around $1800. Kelowna was about $500 less for each piece so that would make it $3000.

The dealers website is http://www.beyondaudio.com

Comment

• Rock Dog
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2003

Johnny. Be Careful buying electronics up there. You will get hit with a pretty hefty duty fee. If I remember correctly. Electronics not made in Canada are $100 duty for the first $1,000 of the price. And then 4% for the balance of the price.

Say it costs you $4,000 (can) to buy your stuff. That's $100 for the first grand, and 4% for the balance. $3,000*4%=$120. For a total of $220 in duty. So unless you get a really good price. It may be better, to just buy it as close to home as possible.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"