• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WallaceBW
    • Jan 2003

Happy Day

I walked into my HT shop friday and walked out with a 1066/1075 combo :T

Just waiting on my silvercats now.

BTW: the PDF file that shows the pinout of the serial cable is wrong... What's the difference between pins 3&5 VS 4&6.... the unit TURNING BACK ON :evil: .... Oh well I revised the cable and got the 1066 up to 2.2.4 and running again...

Between this combo (even on the crappy included interconnects) and the old reciever that it replaced the difference is night and day... I'm not sure if it's better processing or better speaker control (better amp) -- probably a combonation of both but imaging is 10x better and clarity is better. Soundstage is more acurate in two channels and Multi-channel with a drasticly reduced noise floor . I hate using this word but it is also more 'airy' and responsive... The D-Day scene in Saving Private Ryan, opening to Titan AE, Star Wars Episode Two Stadium Scene and others never were so precise.

I was watching digital cable (which sends matrixed stereo) in Pro-Logic II. It sounded great. I revisited some of my VHS collection like Terminator 2 and they all sounded more like discrete channels than ever before. (odviously not DD or DTS but still better than ProLogic 1)

Hold on to your hats....

After two hours of programming the remote I have put all the other ones in a drawer never to clutter the room again. :T :T (Two Thumbs Up). I have reached the meca!

Brian

Note: this was posted as a reply to 'waiting is the hardest part' but I felt that this joyus ocasion was deserving of it's own thread
    arty:
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

It is worthy of its own thread. :T ;h ;b>'> 8x)

By the way, what speakers to you have it all hooked up to?

Keith
    Keith

Comment

• efarstad
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jun 2001

Congrats Brian...just don't touch it after rubbing your feet/socks on the carpet...you may shock yourself and then not be able to use the remote! LOL... :rf

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
      E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
      E-Cinema

Comment

• WallaceBW
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Danbry39
        By the way, what speakers to you have it all hooked up to?
        Well thats a sad story... I plan to upgrade those next... (right after the sanus rack...promise). I currently am running some really old Acustic Research speakers up front and some unknown manufacturer speakers in the center and surrounds... (sounds better than ok)

I am currently working with a store near me called the Speaker Factory that allows you to design your cabnet and select your drivers. You can either assemble it yourself or they will do it for you. I like this option because I can get a near perfect timbre match by using the same drivers in the mid's and uppers all the way around an just adding a bigger cabnet and a powerful woofer to the mains. I have been told that they can build speakers that surpass the B&W 800 series at about 1/2 the price... I plan on spending some time there with some demo material early next month selecting drivers and eventually buying enough drivers for a 7.1 setup an building only 5.1 (or mabye them all if money permits) but storing the two rear surrounds for a room that can handle it. My thoughts were to spend on adverage under $1,000 per speaker... $6000-7000 budget (I'll be saving for ever...)

Brian

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"