Which CatCables model to use between 1066->1075?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WallaceBW
    • Jan 2003

Which CatCables model to use between 1066->1075?

I'm trying to decide which cable to use (and order them so that they will be here when I recieve my components)

the choices are:
    • BlueTiger
      Silvercats
      Concert Cats

I've never used silver before (in my system) and am curious what sonic qualities are different between the SilverCats and ConcertCats?

Thanks in advanced,
    Brian
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

You'll find silver to have a sweeter top end and slightly tighter bass then copper. Since my budgets aren't that large I try to maximize my spending so I ponyed up for silver across the front and went with copper for the rears and sides...one day I've love to have silver all round but there have to be comprisises made somewhere Either way the build quality is first rate and the locking barrels are a gods send.

Comment

• WallaceBW
      • Jan 2003

ooohhh... pretty

Dave is offering the SilverCats with the usual connector, only with
      rhodium coating.

looks like a winner to me...

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I think you meant Doug not dave but yes those new connectors look very nice

Comment

• efarstad
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jun 2001

Wallace, I own Silvercats for my stereo-only system and love them! Then I bought some Quantum Cable SuperNova's for my HT to go between my amps and preamp. Very close to each other in performance, but Andew is spot on...the SilverCats have a more extended top end...I don't know about the Concert cats (haven't tried those)...but I know you can't go wrong with any cables Doug offers!

What components and speakers would you be running, that may help in your decision making...?

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
          E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
          E-Cinema

Comment

• WallaceBW
            • Jan 2003

Sorry, Dave is my co-worker, Doug is the cable-god... :roll:

Comment

• Kevin P
              • Aug 2000

You won't go wrong with any CatCables in your system. The BlueTigers and Catalinas are the top-end copper cable and come pretty close to the silver, though you will get more detail with the Silvercats.

Also check out CatCables' sister company Quantum Cable, for even more options.

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
              My HT Site

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

Cable God? Hardly. Maybe god like. JK.

Yes, any Silvercats bought from a member of Club Rotel will be optioned up to the Rhodium plated connectors. They look just like the normal Silvercat connector, only everything you see that's gold will be silver coated (rhodium). Just tell me in the comments section of the order that your from Club Rotel.

thanks,
                Doug

Cable Guy DVD Collection
                Doug
                "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"