X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gui0507
    • Oct 2020

RMB-1585 Power Noise?

Hi all!

Just took ownership of a new Rotel RMB-1585 200wpc. I’ve noticed it has a sight noise to it when it’s on, seems like electrical noise but not sure if it’s something more serious. I also can hear when starting up a sort of light rapid clicking sound,
    I haven’t been able to tell if it’s only on startup, as last night I don’t remember the clicking part. I went ahead and disconnected it from my monster surge protector and plugged it directly to an outlet, it seems the noise is less but I am not certain as I had someone do
    It while I was on the phone. According to them, it’s heard when you are close on top of it, sitting back you can’t hear it.

Probably just paranoid , I’ve never had a separate amp before. This is paired with the new RSP-1576 MKII processor. Is there any power conditioning that should be used here? Some people say it’s best connected direct to a wall outlet.

Thanks!!
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

there should be no noise.
    have you mentioned this to the place you purchased it from?
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"