What would you like to have in a new flagship processor?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikael
    • Aug 2007

What would you like to have in a new flagship processor?

I would like to have the same AKM 32 bit dacs as the RC-1590 have on all channels and a duel high grade chipset for surround decoding. And xlr preouts and dual xlr preouts for the 3 front channels.
  • JDH
    • Sep 2004

Feature set of a Marantz AV8805 with the sound quality of the RSP-1582 in 2ch.

JDH
    Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

Bug free HDMI implementation and future upgradability when new standards emerge.

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2006

1. DSP/EQ at 24/192 or higher without downsampling.
        2. Multichannel hi-rez (lossless) input via USB and Ethernet.
        3. De-emphasis of legacy connections (to save cost and space).
        4. Use of multiple DB24 connectors for outputs beyond the base 7.1 (to save cost and space).
        5. Some form of soundfield management for multiple subwoofers.
        Kal Rubinson

Comment

• FST
          • Mar 2007

I have noticed that RSP-1582 has moved to discontinued products on the Rotel website.

Will there be a replacement or not and what updates can we expect?

I would certainly like to replace my RSP-1570 but feel that I need the display included in the top-of-the-line units.

/FST

Comment

• Mikael
            • Aug 2007

Maybe they will show something at ISE in Amsterdam next month.

Comment

• HiRez
              • Aug 2007

DSD 512 (why not 1024) and a plethora of other HiRez audio decoders.
              If it is gonna have a monitor, might as well be able to play digital audio files directly from the USB attached storage w/o the need of a laptop.
              And a commitment from the manufacturer to upgrade the DSP board to accommodate the future audio codecs / connectors /etc (I own 2 RSP1098s, so yeah-if i am going to open my wallet for Rotel ever again this is a must)

Comment

• JDH
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by FST
                I have noticed that RSP-1582 has moved to discontinued products on the Rotel website.

Will there be a replacement or not and what updates can we expect?

I would certainly like to replace my RSP-1570 but feel that I need the display included in the top-of-the-line units.

/FST

I would expect a RSP-1582 replacement will pickup the codec such as ATMOS from the RSP-1576 and maybe a couple of other minor updates and that will be it.
                Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• FST
                  • Mar 2007

In the end RSP-1576 got some updates that the RSP-1582 lacked so for sure that must have affected the sales. That was also the main reason for me not to upgrade. I think the updates from RSP-1576 and some more to top that would be good for a succesful replacement

I have a large number of DVD-Audio discs so the monitor/display is very useful when playing them.

My worries is that there might not be a replacement. Rotel and Classé did not make any Blu-ray players so is the market for High-end Surround Processors also too small?

/FST

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"