Should Rotel make another statement CD player similar to the old RCD-991?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lastexit
    • Feb 2011

Should Rotel make another statement CD player similar to the old RCD-991?

Is there any chance of a definitive "statement" single chassis CD player in the pipeline from Rotel? I'm not harping on the RCD-1572 but I can't help how awesome it would be if Rotel come out with a beefier, heavier, and much more "cost no object" type player similar to the old 991.

A true reference grade RCD-1590 would sure look nice paired with the RC-1590 and RB-1590.

Come on Rotel, let's do it! :W
  • Mikael
    • Aug 2007

That would be awesome. But this time make a noise free drive,please. My RCD 1572 sounds like it is grinding crackers the first 2 or 3 tracks with many of my cd's.

Comment

• lastexit
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Mikael
      That would be awesome. But this time make a noise free drive,please. My RCD 1572 sounds like it is grinding crackers the first 2 or 3 tracks with many of my cd's.
      Also 2 Wolfson dacs (1 for each channel) would be nice too. Is your noisy drive a common problem with the 1572 CD players, Mikael?

Comment

• Mikael
        • Aug 2007

Hi Lastexit
        I think so, but I dont know for sure. I had the same problem with the RCD-1520 and RCD-1570, but they had a different noise with the drives. So when I saw they go back to a tray loading player I was very happy, but alas same issue with the noisy drive, so so sad. I love the Rotel sound but I think the build quality and all their issues with handshake problems and getting the wrong chipsets for surround. I might begin to look at other brands. I am sad to say so.
        And another think I dont understand is this. I have the RC-1590 and have my cd connected via coax and have no delay of sound, but when I did the same with my old RSP1572 I missed the first 1 or 2 seconds of every song. Why.

Comment

• BlackbirdM3
          • Jan 2018

I think Rotel should try and make a no holds barred CD transport. All the Rotel receivers already have steller DACs built into them (Even my RSX1067 has a pretty bitchin DAC built into it.). It becomes a simple one coax or TOSLINK plug in, and done. Specify the input in the receiver and away you go. I just bought a Cambridge CXC transport and did just this. I have to say it blows my Oppo BDP 93 away, even with an SACD (CD vs SACD, the CD destroys the SACD to the point of wondering what the big deal with SACDs was.)

Compared to my old RCD-940AX, the CXC is clearer, with better image accuracy (to the point that I can tell where the mikes were placed, and which direction they were facing on a live recording. One of my CDs I listened to, clearly the mikes were at the back of the stage facing out toward the crowd, and on another track they were facing toward the stage) Needless to say I'm pretty impressed. (The 1067's DAC appears to be one used in current high end dedicated DACs so its not chopped liver.)

Knowing that nearly all A/V receivers have a digital input of some sort in them now (to decode whatever the current surround format is) odds are, the high end receivers will all have very good DACs. It would make sense for Rotel to release a dedicated transport and leave the internal DAC out of it. Put the $ into the hardware that is needed.

Will

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"