X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • griffithstrife
    • Apr 2009

Please someone help me RSX-1560

Hello guys I have a RSX-1560 hooked up to a Oppo 203 blu-ray player. I am using the HDMI audio out from the Oppo to go directly to the 1560 problem is the 1560 will only play the audio when it's HDMI output is active.

This is a nightmare I have been able to get sound and picture by rapidly changing inputs on the 1560 but it is few and far between. Do I need to buy a new receiver? Is there some way I can get the Rotel to try and stop outputting signal and just play the audio?

Any help would be and is greatly appreciated.
  • sgtjim57
    • Dec 2008

Not a lot of help, however I did look at the specs and it appears the 1560 is only capable of passing 1080 and not 4K. I'm sure there is some specific spec that prevents it from passing the 4K and there are folks on here much more versed then I that will answer and may even provide solutions. I thought you could bypass the Rotel and only feed it the sound but I think you have attempted that. Best of luck.
    Sony Bravia OLED A1E 55"
    SVS SB 2000 X 2
    Denon X4000 (Looking to upgrade due to 4K, ATMOS, DTSX)
    Oppo BDP 93
    Apple TV 4K
    B & W N804 Mains
    B & W 603 Rear surrounds
    B & W LCR 600 Center
    B & W CDS6 (Not in use)
    Sony TA N77ES (Not in use)

Comment

• Patrick Butler
      • Jan 2014

Hi griffithstrife,

While I'm not familiar with the RSX-1560 (it was before my time and hasn't been in production since 2011) the HDMI capabilities are limited. A few suggestions:
      1. You can run a coaxial digital output from the 203 to the receiver.
      2. You could let the 203 do all the digital decoding, and run analog 5.1 cables to the receiver.

Regards,

Patrick Butler
      B&W Group North America

Originally posted by griffithstrife
      Hello guys I have a RSX-1560 hooked up to a Oppo 203 blu-ray player. I am using the HDMI audio out from the Oppo to go directly to the 1560 problem is the 1560 will only play the audio when it's HDMI output is active.

This is a nightmare I have been able to get sound and picture by rapidly changing inputs on the 1560 but it is few and far between. Do I need to buy a new receiver? Is there some way I can get the Rotel to try and stop outputting signal and just play the audio?

Any help would be and is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"