X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KFCConspiracy
    • Dec 2015

RSX-1056 No Sound or OSD after factory reset

I got an RSX-1056 recently, it was working fine, but the last owner had lots of custom settings in it, so I decided to factory reset it through the menus and start over for my own configuration. So I did that, now nothing... Is my receiver just bricked?
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

I have the 1057 so I'm quite familiar with the unit you have. The lack of sound is explainable but the no OSD is a bit worrisome. How are you sending the OSD to your monitor? By default, you should be sending the OSD to the TV via a S-Video cable (HDMI won't work for this) . If you are not doing this, get a S-Video cable and connect it.

There's a strong possibility that your unit re-set all speaker settings to 'NO' in the menu, therefore telling it that you have no left, right, center, and surround speakers connected.........and therefore, no sound.

The unit turns on correct? The display on the front lights up ?? I need more details !!
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• KFCConspiracy
      • Dec 2015

Unit turns on, the LCD on the front of the unit shows information, and the buttons "work". I have the TV connected with component cables. I can try S-Video as well.

Comment

• madmac
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by KFCConspiracy
        Unit turns on, the LCD on the front of the unit shows information, and the buttons "work". I have the TV connected with component cables. I can try S-Video as well.
        Yes, please do that and get back to me!?

Comment

• KFCConspiracy
          • Dec 2015

I appreciate the suggestion. No dice on SVideo. I tried setting the input to Video 1, Svideo connected to Monitor (Tried also connecting to Video 1 out and every other video out). One thing I did notice is if I have an audio source connected and a signal going, I get a sound through my speakers almost like crosstalk between channels, like a ghost of whatever music is playing.

Comment

• madmac
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by KFCConspiracy
            I appreciate the suggestion. No dice on SVideo. I tried setting the input to Video 1, Svideo connected to Monitor (Tried also connecting to Video 1 out and every other video out). One thing I did notice is if I have an audio source connected and a signal going, I get a sound through my speakers almost like crosstalk between channels, like a ghost of whatever music is playing.
            WOW......ok.......that's odd !! Check all your wiring, including speaker wires. Are they connected properly on the back of the unit? Sounds to me like you might be getting surround audio in your main speakers. Once you have verified that all the wiring is correct, press the 'AUD' button on your remote so you get the 'Rotel" display on your remote control screen. Then, slid the bottom panel down on the remote and press the 2ch button repeatedly on the remote while playing a source and put the unit into 'stereo bypass' mode and advise if you get normal 2ch audio.

Comment

• KFCConspiracy
              • Dec 2015

Still nothing. The guy I bought it from claims he knows a guy who worked for B&W in the service department, so I'm going to see if I can get that guy's number and have him take a look. I got the thing for 100 bucks, so I don't hold out too much hope that there wasn't another underlying issue with the thing.... The odd thing is I can even talk to it with my computer over the serial port on the back.

Comment

• Kevin D
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Oct 2002

There's a chance a previous firmware update did not quite go right and a reset brought this out. A complete firmware update may get it back.

Kevin D.

Comment

• madmac
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2010

Those damn firmware updates!! I'm petrified to do them most of the time and DON'T........unless there is a serious reason to do them. In other words, don't fix what's not broken !

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"