X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wardo
    • May 2006

1098 Repairs

This is the 3rd time the relays and caps have gone out on my 1098, I assume it's the relays and caps since it has the same symptoms again. The audio starts cutting out, at the same time I can hear the relays switching and the mode flashing on the screen, then all sound will go away and popping noise on all channels is all I hear.

Instead of a 2.5 month trip to B&W, I'm going to remove the affected board from the receiver and bring it to a local shop and see if someone is willing to put in some new parts for me, I will use the last invoice for a parts list.

I have the receiver pulled apart (I will link to ALL the pictures below) but have a problem getting 2 connectors from the board. One of the connectors is this one:

And this connector:

Does anyone have any ideas how to pull those two connectors off? I've pulled as hard as I'm comfortable with, even pulled with pliers, they aren't budging...

Here is a the link to all the pictures I took if the inside of the 1098, it's quite an impressive machine and a shame no one has developed an upgraded replacement DSP Board yet.

• Wardo
    • May 2006

I went about removing that board another way, I wound up pulling the entire processor apart. I'll let ya'll know how the repairs turn out.

Comment

• wkhanna
      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Good luck
      keep us posted
      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• tinnsoldaten
        • Jan 2016

Hi

Can you post the parts list ? Or PM , send by mail.

I need parts for mine too, how much you pay for parts ?

Cheers

Tommie

Comment

• PowerCommander
          • Dec 2015

Those orange connectors aren't meant to come off. They come off from the other end.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"