X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • franin
    • Jul 2006

12 Volt trigger or Manual Power

Hi there I'm curious I was told the other day by the salesman that I need to use 12 Volt triggers to tun on the Rotel power amps as if I turn on manually Ill end up damaging the the Power button? Is that true?
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Well that's just silly! Why have a damn power button then right??
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• franin
      • Jul 2006

That's what I said. He reckons they have a tendency of breaking .

Frank

Comment

• madmac
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by franin
        That's what I said. He reckons they have a tendency of breaking .

Frank
        I wouldn't worry about it Frank. I have not heard of many power switch complaints here on the Forum in regards to Rotel. However I will admit that I am guilty of leaving my Rotel powered on 24/7 in most cases, unless I leave for vacation or something, so my power button does not get a lot of use!

Comment

• mjb
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

It's not the power switch you have to worry about, its the relays: http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthr...95-malfunction

Leaving stuff on 24/7 might have been an option in the (good) old days, but it's almost unaffordable in the post nuclear age.
          - Mike

Main System:
          B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
          Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• franin
            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by madmac
            I wouldn't worry about it Frank. I have not heard of many power switch complaints here on the Forum in regards to Rotel. However I will admit that I am guilty of leaving my Rotel powered on 24/7 in most cases, unless I leave for vacation or something, so my power button does not get a lot of use!
            Well that's good to hear, I thought it was quite strange on what the salesman was saying. Thanks

Frank

Comment

• franin
              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by mjb
              It's not the power switch you have to worry about, its the relays: http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthr...95-malfunction

Leaving stuff on 24/7 might have been an option in the (good) old days, but it's almost unaffordable in the post nuclear age.
              He was very lucky his Father knows electronics. Regarding the relay I guess that's for all power amp models.

Frank

Comment

• madmac
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by mjb

I'm not sure what power costs in Germany but here in Montreal, my electricity costs me about $35 bucks a month or so for my apartment. I've heard that it's much more expensive elsewhere.

Comment

• mjb
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2005

Sorry to take the thread off topic, but, according to this, in 2011, before they decided to turn off the nuclear plants and use wind and solar to make ships and BMW's, Germany was (is) quite expensive in comparison - Canada being the cheapest (relative to purchasing power)...

- Mike

Main System:
                  B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                  Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• franin
                    • Jul 2006

I'm not sure what power costs in Germany but here in Montreal, my electricity costs me about $35 bucks a month or so for my apartment. I've heard that it's much more expensive elsewhere.
                    In AUSTRALIA were I live it's very expensive. When it's summer I usually pay $450 a month.

Frank

Comment

• madmac
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by franin
                      In AUSTRALIA were I live it's very expensive. When it's summer I usually pay $450 a month.

Frank
                      Holy crap!! SERIOUSLY !! Why so much? Air conditioning? What else?

Comment

• franin
                        • Jul 2006

Holy crap!! SERIOUSLY !! Why so much? Air conditioning? What else?
                        The government has put the prices up, pure greed in my opinion.

Frank

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"