X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swimmerbird123
    • Apr 2010

RDV-1093 worth Fixing?

Hi,

My RDV-1093 seems to have gotten fried in a recent power outage. Although it was connected to a Surge Protector, afterwards the on/off light was just flickering on and off along with the HDMI light. Turning it off and unplugging it for an hour made no difference; it doesn't run on at all now. No other equipment on the surge protector was affected.

Does this sound like something worth fixing? If it is only $100 I might consider doing it, but more than that I probably wouldn't. The device is out of warranty and I have a Pioneer Blu-Ray BDP-51FD that still does a decent job on DVDs. I'd have to pay postage to and from Rotel also.

If I don't fix it, I'd hate to just throw it out. I'd prefer just to give it away. Would anyone here want it to tinker with or for parts?

Swimmer
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Swimmerbird123
    Hi,

My RDV-1093 seems to have gotten fried in a recent power outage. Although it was connected to a Surge Protector, afterwards the on/off light was just flickering on and off along with the HDMI light. Turning it off and unplugging it for an hour made no difference; it doesn't run on at all now. No other equipment on the surge protector was affected.

Does this sound like something worth fixing? If it is only $100 I might consider doing it, but more than that I probably wouldn't. The device is out of warranty and I have a Pioneer Blu-Ray BDP-51FD that still does a decent job on DVDs. I'd have to pay postage to and from Rotel also.

If I don't fix it, I'd hate to just throw it out. I'd prefer just to give it away. Would anyone here want it to tinker with or for parts?

Swimmer
    I feel your pain! That's a nice player but you would probably be looking a a few hundred dollars to fix it. I cried when I tossed my fabulous Oppo DVD player into the trash but at one point you have to accept that something has died and done it's course. Remember that nothing lasts forever!
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• windshear
      • Dec 2004

It might be as simple as just a dry joint needing to be freshly soldered, if its more than that then I echo the sentiments in the previous post.

Comment

• madmac
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2010

There's no harm at all in popping the cover and having a look at the inside. It could be something as simple as a blown fuse or something equally simple in the power stage. Good luck!
        Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Swimmerbird123
          • Apr 2010

Thanks for the advice and solidarity. I popped the top but couldn't really recognize a fuse or anything, so I'll bite the bullet and use the opportunity to check out the electronics disposal line of my local public works department. When the Pioneer goes too, I'll probable get an Oppo or whatever else looks good at that time.

Swimmer

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"