X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TimbaLand
    • Aug 2013

DB1 and 804 Diamond setup

Hi Guys

I am struggling to understand the DB1 manual on how to take advantage of the B&W speakers setting that exist in the DB1. I am using the DB1 in an HT setup with 804 Diamond as fronts, HTM@ Diamond as centre and 4 inceiling speakers (i forgot the model number. I have set up the DB1 for movies on preset 1 and stereo on preset 2.

1. How do i set up the sub to take advantage of the build in programming on the DB1 to mate them with the 804s?
    2. If I choose this option does it apply to all presets or can one choose this for just one particular preset? If it applies to all presets doesnt it affect the other speakers on HT application as they are not 804s
    3.Processor concerned is Rotel RSP 1572. It has an option to set Large/SMALL individually for Dolby Digital/DTS/Stereo. If I choose 804s on the sub setting do I go full range on the processor? If not then what frequency must I set for frionts.

I will appreciate your response.
  • Patrick Butler
    • Jan 2014

Hi TimbaLand,

Good question. Each of the presets on the DB1 are independent. In the case of your system, here is how I would set up the DB1

1. Preset 1 movies- No low pass filter. Effectively, the DB1 will run wide open with upper bass limit defined by the LFE channel. I would personally try running your 804 Diamonds full range, the center crossed over at 60Hz and the surrounds in the 60-80Hz range depending on their capabilities. You could also cross over the 804 Diamonds in the 50Hz range if you are looking for greater slam and headroom.

2. Preset 2 stereo- Low pass filter engaged. The crossover point will either be the default setting for 804 Diamond that is built into the DB1, or a point that you personally define.

Regards,

Patrick
    B&W Group North America

Comment

• TimbaLand
      • Aug 2013

Thanks Patrick. I did exactly that and the integration between the DB1and 804s in stereo is now so terrific. The fronts are set at 50hz and the sub preset selected for music is set to low pass filter in with 804 diamind selected. Previously I found the sub did integrate with fronts but the integration is now so much better and the soundstage sound so much deeper.
      Last edited by TimbaLand; 02 June 2015, 02:01 Tuesday.

Comment

• Patrick Butler
        • Jan 2014

Glad to hear that it is working for you. Enjoy your system!

Cheers,

Patrick

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"