X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lastexit
    • Feb 2011

Buzzing from Input Jack on RC-1082

Hi everyone,

My 6-year-old Rotel RC-1082 has developed an immediate loud, constant "buzzing" sound whenever the CD input is selected. I've swapped three different pairs of RCA cables and no matter what, the buzz won't go away. I've tried wiggling the cables and it sometimes helps, but within minutes the buzz comes back. However, all the other inputs on the preamp work fine. Any idea as to what this problem may be and how to fix it? Thanks.
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

I'm an RC-1082 owner so naturally I'm interested in your report. Given the age of the device and the potential cost of getting it fixed I'd be tempted to use one of the other inputs and forget that there's a problem with the CD input.

Nigel.

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by bigburner
      I'm an RC-1082 owner so naturally I'm interested in your report. Given the age of the device and the potential cost of getting it fixed I'd be tempted to use one of the other inputs and forget that there's a problem with the CD input.

Nigel.
      Agreed.......try another input. If the same result occurs, then it's a problem with the CD player itself.
      Dan Madden :T

Comment

• lastexit
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by madmac
        Agreed.......try another input. If the same result occurs, then it's a problem with the CD player itself.
        Thanks guys. I've tried different source components and swapped RCA cables and the culprit is the CD-input jack. Because of the buzzing, I'm now using the AUX1 input. I reckon something must have gotten "loose" inside the preamp?

Comment

• madmac
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by lastexit
          Thanks guys. I've tried different source components and swapped RCA cables and the culprit is the CD-input jack. Because of the buzzing, I'm now using the AUX1 input. I reckon something must have gotten "loose" inside the preamp?
          Possibly. ...or it could be dust buildup inside that connection.
          Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"