X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

digital boards on RSX 1056?

Recently got a used RSX 1056 from Ebay at a really good price. it turned out to be a deal too good to be true, when I hooked up all the speakers and components, there seems to be a clicking and popping noise when it's being used. I've brought it to a authorized rotel repair center and they told me the digital board on it needs to be replaced and it will cost $600. Does any of you guys have dealt with stuff like this out-of--warranty? Does it have to be done by a rotel center? Or can it be done by someone else at a lower price? Really want to keep this unit, even though it's out dated, but the sound quality is so good when using the multi-analog inputs.
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by BlazeMaster
    Recently got a used RSX 1056 from Ebay at a really good price. it turned out to be a deal too good to be true, when I hooked up all the speakers and components, there seems to be a clicking and popping noise when it's being used. I've brought it to a authorized rotel repair center and they told me the digital board on it needs to be replaced and it will cost $600. Does any of you guys have dealt with stuff like this out-of--warranty? Does it have to be done by a rotel center? Or can it be done by someone else at a lower price? Really want to keep this unit, even though it's out dated, but the sound quality is so good when using the multi-analog inputs.
    The clicking a popping noise is common problem (I had it myself) and yes, it appears to be the digital board in most cases. Sadly, this problem will only get worse and in time, the unit will not work at all digitally. If you use 2ch analog bypass, the unit will work fine but there is no 5ch operation, sub output or bass management etc. Only straight out 2ch stereo.

I honestly don't know if a 3rd party place could fix it. I personally would not recommend it but then again, I sent my unit in for repair @ Rotel, waited a month to get it back only for it to fail again in one day!. At least if you send it to Rotel and it fails again, the repair warranty will cover it and they'll have no choice to fix it again until it's done right. It's the waiting a month to get it back that kills me. Not having music for a month is kinda' a deal breaker for me!. NOT fun!!.
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"