X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VikingP
    • Feb 2005

RSX-1056 keeps going on standby

Hi,

I am having a problem with my RSX-1056, and was wondering if anyone ever had a similar problem. I searched in other threads, but couldn't find anything like my situation.
    When I turned on the RSX-1056 from standby today, it turned on for about 1 second, and then went back to standby mode. I tried it a few times after that, and still the same thing. I tried turning it off from the switch on the back, or completely unplugging it for a few minutes, but it still does the same thing when I try turning it on.
    Nothing has changed from the last time it was working, and there are no shorts in any of the speaker cables. The dealer doesn't seem to know what it can be, so I am hoping that someone might have an idea, since sending it out for repair would really be a pain (not to mention being without it for some time :cry: ) .

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul
  • srb
    • Oct 2004

Maybe one of your speakers itself has a short?

Have you tried powering it up with no speakers connected at all?

Comment

• VikingP
      • Feb 2005

Yup, I unplugged all the speakers from the receiver, except for the fronts which are on separate amplifiers, but it kept doing the same thing.
      It's as if it enters a sort of protection mode and sets itself to standby, but I have no idea why. Everything seems in order, and there is nothing abnormal about the OSD (no error message or anything of the sort) for that one second that it's on.

Paul

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Perhaps it's temperature related. Is your receiver in a well ventilated area?

If you feel adventurous, you can open the case and check for blown fuses.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• VikingP
          • Feb 2005

The receiver has about 3 inches of air on top of it, which would seem like enough.
          As for a fuse, I don't think it's a fuse probelm, since it does come on for a second. Would openning the case void my warranty with Rotel?

Thanks.

Paul

Comment

• Azeke
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2003

Paul,

I don't believe so, but before you open it, I would contact Rotel tech support (1-978-664-3820), and explain the problem, perhaps the can resolve the issue over the phone.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• VikingP
              • Feb 2005

Hi Azeke,

Thank you for their phone number and for your help. I will call them tomorrow and see what they say.
              Hopefully it's nothing major.

Paul

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"