X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • weasel
    • Nov 2012

Rotel RR-1050 IR Codes

Hi to all,

New to the group and hope someone can help me out. I have a seven year old RR-1050 remote that's got some problems with the buttons. I can purchase a new programmable remote, but all of the buttons on my 1050 are not working, so I'm looking for a way to get the Rotel IR codes in order to program a new one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Logitech for sure & probably other brands allow you to download the code directly to their remote.

I had to replace the RR-969 for my RSP-1066.
    I got the Logitech Harmony 650.
    It works pretty good.
    I just plug the remote directly into my LT via supplied USB & download the code direct from their web site.

Samsug gallixy has IR capability, too.
    The potential for total control of all your systems from one unit is here.
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• BWLover
      • Jan 2009

I second the harmony remotes. They are simple and easy to use. Very wife friendly.
      Bowers & Wilkins 683 Speakers
      Rotel RB-1090 2 Channel Amp
      Rotel RC-1082 Stereo Pre Amp
      Rotel RCD-1072 CD Player
      Pro-Ject Debut Carbon w/ Ortofon 2M Red (sitting on a piece of slate supported by 3 "solid tech feet of silence" isolation feet)
      Rotel RLC-1040 Power Conditioner
      Shynyata Research SR-Z1 Power Outlet & Venom 3 Power Cords x 4
      Tara Labs RSC Vector 1 Speaker Cables & Interconnects
      Pioneer PDP-5070HD 50" Plasma
      Playstation 3
      Shaw HD PVR
      Primacoustic Room Treatments

Comment

• BWLover
        • Jan 2009

Gvvg
        Bowers & Wilkins 683 Speakers
        Rotel RB-1090 2 Channel Amp
        Rotel RC-1082 Stereo Pre Amp
        Rotel RCD-1072 CD Player
        Pro-Ject Debut Carbon w/ Ortofon 2M Red (sitting on a piece of slate supported by 3 "solid tech feet of silence" isolation feet)
        Rotel RLC-1040 Power Conditioner
        Shynyata Research SR-Z1 Power Outlet & Venom 3 Power Cords x 4
        Tara Labs RSC Vector 1 Speaker Cables & Interconnects
        Pioneer PDP-5070HD 50" Plasma
        Playstation 3
        Shaw HD PVR
        Primacoustic Room Treatments

Comment

• weasel
          • Nov 2012

Thank You

Thanks to you both. I looked at the Harmony 900 and the new Harmony Touch, and did a little reading on the web. While everyone agrees that the Harmony's are the best remotes hardware wise, I'm seeing a lot of negative comments with regards to the download delays and Logitech server problems. Your thoughts?

Comment

• cfrahme52
            • Aug 2005

My RR-1050 -8 years old-also started acting up. I found a great deal on a Universal Remote model URC-RR50: http://www.universalremote.com/produ...rc-digital-r50 it was on clearance at my local Target. Very flexible as far as programming, great customizable on-screen-display and I have it set up to operate my RC-1090 pre and RCD-1072 cd player. Works like a charm.

Comment

• wkhanna
              Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by weasel
              ....seeing a lot of negative comments with regards to the download delays and Logitech server problems......
              I have never had any such experiance.
              _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
              ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• zeppelin
                • May 2003

Hi guys, it's been a long time. Finally my RR-1050 Remote gave way. So decided to google and I found this forum again. Thanks for the recommendation on the Logitech Harmony remote, will definitely look into it. The original Rotel RC is way expensive.

By the way my RSP 1066 is still going strong and I refuse to update to a newer HD processor as I found no point in it. But geez! the remote does not last that long.

Comment

• madmac
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2010

Do a bit of research on the 'Kamelion' line of universal remotes. The reason why I say this is that downloading the IR codes is very easy and very often already incorporated into the units. If not, you simply call the company, tell them the model number of the unit you wish to operate, and then via it's incorporated modem and using your phone, You can get the IR codes downloaded in a matter of seconds. It's quite remarkable and easy!!
                  Dan Madden :T

Comment

• PewterTA
                    • Nov 2004

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2... has a IR blast feature on it... there's also a bunch of apps that you can get to use the tablet as a remote...
                    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                    -Dan

Comment

• madmac
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by PewterTA
                      Samsung Galaxy Tab 2... has a IR blast feature on it... there's also a bunch of apps that you can get to use the tablet as a remote...

Ok.......now THAT sounds COOL !!!! :T
                      Dan Madden :T

Comment

• MikePM
                        • Jun 2005

Do you know which apps (either ios or android) have ir codes for Rotel equipment. I have an RSX-1056 and want to use an ipad or nexus 7 as a universal remote with a wi-fi to ir bridge.

Comment

• PewterTA
                          • Nov 2004

I believe the touchsquid pro has them... but I'm not 100% positive on that. I know the Peel application that came with my 10.1" turns on my Rotel and can control the volume and do most of the basic features.

Course you could just input the IR codes yourself.... http://www.bwgroupsupport.com/download/ir
                          Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                          -Dan

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"