X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dooher
    • Jul 2010

RSX-1058 display brightness

Is there a way to increase the brightness on the units faceplate display? I ask because I just picked up a 1058, and it's display brightness level is significantly less bright then a 1069 I have (in another room)... Actually hard to read from a normal seated TV viewing distance position.

See no mention of faceplate display level brightness adjustment in the manual, so if anyone has the info, thanks in advance.

Regards,
    -Dan
  • paully
    • Mar 2012

yeah i have the same issue with my rt1080. i think they're actually different displays to the rsp1069

Comment

• srb
      • Oct 2004

The Rotel RSX-1056, RSX-1057 and RSX-1058 do not have adjustable brightness for the front panel display (which I always thought a bit lacking having several ~ $100 DVD players that offer the feature).

What's odd is that I found the display too bright on my RSX-1056, which caused me to apply two layers of dark window tinting to it to decrease the brightness!

There is a Front Display Refresh Procedure to restore the display to even brightness when less often used pixels lose brightness over time, but the technical document mentions it only applying to the RSX-1056, RSX-1067 and RSP-1068 models.

You might ask Rotel Technical Support at (800) 370-3741 if this procedure also applies to the RSX-1058, and whether it could even help your situation of all of the pixels being dim.

Steve
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------
      Date: March 13, 2006
      Models: RSX 1056, RSX 1067, RSP 1068
      Subject: Front Display Refresh Procedure

The fluorescent front display of the RSX 1056, RSX 1067 and the RSP 1068 utilizes a dot matrix display consisting of hundreds of pixels, which illuminate as needed. Over time, the pixels that are used frequently will remain fully illuminated, while those pixels that are not illuminated often may lose brightness. Refreshing the front display periodically will ensure that all pixels are restored to their full illumination across the display.

For this purpose, there is a refresh procedure that enables the display to be refreshed at any time. Activating the refresh mode of the unit will illuminate the entire front display, and after a period of time, all pixels will be equally bright. Depending upon how frequently the display is refreshed will determine how long the refresh period needs to be – at most a period of about 4-5 hours should fully refresh the display, or less time if done at regular intervals.

To activate the refresh mode of your unit, place the unit into the standby mode. Next, press and hold the “2CH” and “MUTE” buttons on the front panel simultaneously while powering the unit on with the remote control. The unit should power on with all the pixels of the display illuminated and the front panel buttons can be released at this point. The unit is fully functional while in the refresh mode and the unit can be put into the standby mode and the display will remain in the refresh mode. The refresh mode will be deactivated once the unit is brought back out of standby.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"