X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cyisone01
    • Feb 2012

New system ideas!

I am in the process of updating my system and wanted to get some ideas from the experts on this site as I have been looking at Rotel as well as others. I currently have a Denon AVR-4311 as well as a B & W 7.1 speaker package consisting on the CM9 and CM Centre 2.

I love the features of the Denon but would like to make sure I am getting the best sound and features with room acoustics aside.

My first question is would I see a huge difference in sound going to separates from the denon.

Also would you use the pre-amp feature of the Denon and just buy and amp or go for the entire package.

I would also be interested in your opinions on equipment ideas and power specs.

My goal like many is to have a great home theater set up as well as having the ability to listen to great sounding music.

Thanks!
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Going from denon to Rotel separates or even a new Rotel surround receiver will give you a very noticeable improvement in sound. No question about it.

Rotel's are VERY musical amps and you will be very happy musically with them!.
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• wkhanna
      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Welcome to the Forum, cyisone01!

As Madmac says, I would expect an improvement in overall system performance with the Rotel. Typically, you get what you pay for.
      Rotel tend to forego a lot of add on features, and instead direct more of the design, component and manufacturing budget towards basic performance.
      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• cyisone01
        • Feb 2012

Great! Would you go with the RB1582 or RB1572 or are there other manufactures I should look at?

Comment

• madmac
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2010

Both these amps seem similar and are stereo amps only. I thought you wanted Home Theater capability ??.
          Dan Madden :T

Comment

• cyisone01
            • Feb 2012

My thought at this time would be to use my Denon to do all of the switching as well as powering the remaining 5 speakers and use the above for music as well as to power to the front speakers. I would then look at a 5 channel.

Comment

• PewterTA
              • Nov 2004

Most comments are most of the Denons out there, their weak point is 2ch reproduction. They are good with surround sound and movies...but listening to music in a 2ch setup is where they lack.

Upgrading to Rotel Seperates or another manufacturer (doesn't even have to be seperates) will give you a 2ch setup that sounds much better.

The fun part is using your system as both a 2ch and HT... that's where it's tough to get the best of both worlds.

The key
              Digital Audio makes me Happy.
              -Dan

Comment

• cyisone01
                • Feb 2012

I appreciate your help/ I have auditioned numerous amps and have decided to go with the RB-1572 and the RMB-1575. I should have it in the next few days. I hope to add a pre/pro down the road.

Love the board and the helpful comments!

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"