X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blues
    • Feb 2011

Emotiva USP-1 & Rotel RSX 1065

Hello!

Interested in purchasing the Emotiva USP-1 to increase the quality of my 2 channel listening experience, especially LP's. I currently have the Rotel RSX 1065 and would like to use it's internal amplification to drive the signal from the USP-1 as appose to purchasing a separate amp. Has anyone done this and what were the results?

Thanks!
  • srb
    • Oct 2004

The RSX-1065 has preamplifier outputs to drive an external power amplifier, but there are no power amplifier inputs to directly drive the Rotel's power amp section. You would have to plug the USP-1 into one of the Rotel line inputs to be able to utilize its internal power amplifiers, in which case you would be sending the signal through two preamplifier sections and two volume controls, and wouldn't likely improve the sound.

To take advantage of the USP-1 HT Bypass properly, you would need an external power amplifier.

Steve

Comment

• Blues
      • Feb 2011

Thanks for the info!

Comment

• srb
        • Oct 2004

What are you presently using as a phono preamplifier with your turntable? Perhaps an upgraded external phono preamplifier might help improve the sound of your LPs. You can also plug the phono preamplifier into the L and R inputs of the MULTI CH INPUT (if not already being used) to have the purest analog path through your reciever.

Steve

Comment

• Blues
          • Feb 2011

I'm currently using an AudioTechnica Phono Preamp(cheap), but I believe I'm using the Tape Inputs, so I will try the Multi Inputs instead. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"