X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frankgobbo
    • Nov 2010

Rsp1580

Disappointed that it appears there's probably not going to be a 1580 any time soon, if at all, despite the release of brochures etc a couple of months ago. I emailed Rotel over the past week to enquire about new products etc and received this response:

Thank you for your enquiry.

The RSP-1580 has been in development for a couple of years now but,
    unfortunately, it has taken much longer than expected to bring it to
    fruition. In fact, further work on it has been temporarily halted and we
    have no firm deadlines as to when it will resume.

I am sorry not to have more satisfactory information for you at this
    time but would not wish to mislead you with regards to its availability,
    even thogh it may mean your having to condsider other manufacturers'
    products.

I thank you for your interest in our products and loyalty to the Rotel
    brand.
  • tedaudio
    • Nov 2004

Yes, thats disappointing. I've been waiting to see it, I still have an rsp-1098 and I think at this point I'll have to assume the 1580 is not going to happen.

Comment

• srb
      • Oct 2004

It's unfortunate, but a competent surround processor can be a long, expensive task for a small company, and Rotel would not be the first company to abandon development.

Parasound had what looked to be some new great surround processors (C3 and HDP-70) and a receiver (HDR-77) to replace the Halo C1, C2 and NewClassic 7100, but unfortunately after several years of development and product announcements, had to scrap the plans.

HDR-77

An interesting read and explanation:

Steve

Comment

• Fishy
        • Jul 2004

It is getting more and more that Rotel cant or wont develop new kit! Shame as I'd have liked to have kept the same make.

Fish

Comment

• frankgobbo
          • Nov 2010

On the positive side, it does sound like new products are in the pipeline. I asked about a replacement for the RSP1570 or RSX1550 and received the following response from Rotel:

I have been advised that the successor products of the RSP1570 and
          RSX1550 will be available in the Autumn of this year.
          I suggest you view our website http://www.rotel.com/UK/*periodically
          to keep abreast of these, and other future products, and launches.
          I hope you find these comments to be of assistance, but please let me
          know if you require any further help.
          I really want to stick with Rotel, but I want more than 4 HDMI inputs and I want at least "some" form of new features, there's a few things the competitors have which I like the look of which is just holding me back buying an RSP1570/RMB1572 or an RSX1550. Autumn, I assume is northern hemisphere, so potentially 3-6 months? I *may* be able to wait that long.......... but the urge to buy is rising every day

Comment

• Mikael
            • Aug 2007

Hi frankgobbo

I cant get the link to work, could you upload the info here or matbe find a link that works?

Comment

• srb
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Mikael
              I cant get the link to work, could you upload the info here or matbe find a link that works?
              I think the gist is to just check Rotel's website http://www.rotel.com/UK/ peridocally, but somehow "periodically" was an erroneous inclusion in the link.

Steve

Comment

• frankgobbo
                • Nov 2010

Yeah ^^^ that's what it's meant to be, it broke when I pasted it.

Anyway, I've had to bite the bullet. I bought a Denon AVR4311. I'll review Rotel's new stuff if/when it comes out, but in the mean time the RSX1056 just wasn't cutting it in my AV setup anymore.

I really hope Rotel can come out with a new AVR soon (or AV processor) that 'more closely' matches the features the Denon has, but with the Rotel sound - I'll buy it in a heartbeat and the Denon will end up on eBay alongside my 1056.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"