X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rashad01138
    • Jun 2010

Sound Format

Hello, I am using a Rotel RSP1570 and RMB1572. My CD player is Cambridge Audio Azur 650c. I would like to know what is the correct sound format when listening to CD. I am currently using PCM 2CH, I will sometimes use Dolby Pro Logic or DTS Neo 6. I can't really tell the difference in sound quality. I just want to get the most out of my music. Your Feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

That's an extremely personal choice as to how you want to listen to your music. First off, I would try comparing the analog outs of the cambridge going into the rotel, both using digital processing of the Rotel and also using Stereo bypass 2ch. In most cases with a decent CD player, the DAC conversion will be better in the player vs a Receiver or processor's DAC conversion.However, it's worth it to compare your sound both using the analog outs and the digital out's of your player to be sure. You don't mention if you like multi channel music?. For years I listened to my music in 2ch and then I discovered Rotel's 5ch Stereo mode. That opened up a whole new world of sound for me and I've never looked back since. It's really a question of fiddling around with your equipment and choosing the best presentation of your music as your default choice of listening.
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Industrial
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by madmac
      For years I listened to my music in 2ch and then I discovered Rotel's 5ch Stereo mode. That opened up a whole new world of sound for me and I've never looked back since.
      In the past year or so Ive done the same thing and I feel the same way. Just makes everything sound so full. Its amazing for stuff like Pink Floyd.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"