X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Green
    • Dec 2003

music and the Ref 50

I am awaiting delivery of my Ref 50, how does 2 channel music sound? I read one review that praised it for it's sweet sound and one that said it was dry.
  • leeda2
    • May 2003

this is all relative... what are you used to listening to? if you're coming from a all-in-one receiver you will definitely not be disappointed.

i was using a denon 2803 and moved up to the ref50 with an ati amp... the improvements were significant. however, if you're used to a "separates" system, it'll depend on what level of equipment you were listening to.

Comment

• Green
      • Dec 2003

Well I recieved my ref 50 yesterday, I am replacing a rotel processor.
      i notice that the ref 50 has a warm sound, much the same as the rotel
      i will need more time to evaluate and learn.
      My system; ref 50, rotel 1095 amp, hsu sub, snell type d's, ads surrounds, Toshiba dvd, pioneer elite cd.
      thanks for the response.

Comment

• leeda2
        • May 2003

i would agree that the ref50 has a warm sound. i have mine connected to an ati amp with b&w601s all around.

i was considering a 1066/1075 combo, but the recent price drop brought the ref50 within reach.

happy listening!

Comment

• Dmantis
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jun 2004

Depending on what gear you use,the room and related Items,the B&k will most be called warm,laid back and very clear.

Good luck with the new Preamp.

Dan

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"