X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

Modifying the RSP-1098

Okay...

I want to replace the OP AMPs in the Rotel RSP-1098 so I can get better sound from the unit. My unit is older and if something happens so be it... that would then make me get something new! ha ha.

Anyways, I was thinking I'd like to try this mod as I have read through some people that used to be on the forum (iggurk and microfast I believe) and had some really good results.

I want to try it, but I don't know exactly where to begin, I mean I sort of know the opamps that need to be used (OPA627 in & AD825 out)... but I'm not exactly sure I know what ones these are on the boards...

I'm dangerous enough to do damage... lol...

and am just wondering if someone can help/lead me to where I need to go to get everything I need and what needs replaced on which boards...

Of course anyone willing to offer their professional services to do this.... I'd definitely consider it! :B

I thank anyone for their help!!!!
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan
  • eelco74
    • Dec 2002

There is a very old discussion on this board somewhere, you are not the first one to attempt this. The thread must be at least a few years old, I am not sure the archive of the thforum keeps all articles.

Try the search option.
    Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
    Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
    Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• mjb
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Perhaps this one?

- Mike

Main System:
      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
      Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

I did search and I did read through the thread and I only understand about half of what I read. Which means I can't do it for myself and need some help... Which is where I figured out what OP amps I want to try... but I have no idea on how to get them onto the board and what all I need to solder that finely onto the board.

I wish I was better with circuit boards and understanding all that!
        -Dan

Comment

• Alaric
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

Maybe the guy who did wkhanna's C19 could help?
          Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
          Marantz PM-KI Pearl
          Schiit Modi 3
          Marantz CD5005
          Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

Ha ha, you read my mind!

Hee hee.
            -Dan

Comment

• Glen B
              Super Senior Member
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by PewterTA
              I did search and I did read through the thread and I only understand about half of what I read. Which means I can't do it for myself and need some help... Which is where I figured out what OP amps I want to try... but I have no idea on how to get them onto the board and what all I need to solder that finely onto the board.

I wish I was better with circuit boards and understanding all that!
              Its best to start with a schematic. OP amps you wish to try may not be drop-in compatible, and you may need to modify circuit components, e.g., increase decoupling capacitance values. There are Brown Dog adapters with or without pre-mounted OP amps available from Cimarron Technology. Visit the solid state forum of diyAudio. There are a lot of experienced OP amp rollers there.

Browse our selection of surface-mount adapters in the BrownDog Store. Featuring adapters for many different packages. Order online or request a quotation!

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"