X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pcking
    • Jan 2011

rmb 1095

I m considering buying a friends RMB 1095 Power Amp ,its a few years old now, to drive B&W CM 9 speakers Fronts and Centre speakers has anyone got a similar setup??

Thanks Paul
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

I don't have the CM9s, but I have the 640s3s with the 1095 and it's really an amazing 5 channel amp. I loved it till I got my RB-1090 and for music the 1090 is where it's at...1095 controls the center and surrounds now.

Depending on what you have now, the 1095 is a heck of an amplifier for it's price. It's a big beast...but looks amazing when paired next to a 1090.

If the price is right I'd jump on it!
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• wkhanna
      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

I've heard Dan's system a few times. The 1095 is a V capable amp.
      I too, have the 1090 and would not hesitate to get a 1095 if I had use for one.

I've had Rotel amps since 1994, from the 980BX & 990 thru to the 1050 & 1090.
      They have all performed flawlessly.
      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• RoMan
        • Jan 2007

I have a Rotel 1095 amp I bought used and used it for my 5.1 setup. The sound was pretty awesome hooked up to a Rsp 1068 and using Def Tech speakers. I was totally blown away. I then seen an RB 1090 for sale and bought it. I would say that the RB 1090 edges it out in terms of sound. I have a 7.1 setup and use the RMB 1095 for center and surround and mains using RB 1090.

I think you will be happy with a RMB 1095. Lots of power and the Rotel sound is quite amazing with this power amp. Good Luck.

RoMan
        :T

Comment

• Dmantis
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jun 2004

I use to own the RMB1095 and it drove 87db 4 ohm load speakers all around with ease. It's a very clean powerful amp. The CM9's will shine on it.

Comment

• june
            • Feb 2005

hello all,

i run the 1075 with paradigm studio ref 100s v2. if i got a 1095, would i hear a difference?
            June
            "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• hurin
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by june
              i run the 1075 with paradigm studio ref 100s v2. if i got a 1095, would i hear a difference?
              Probably, but keep in mind that the 1095 is really two 1080 put together. It's easy to get fooled into thinking the 1095 is related to the 1090, but they're very different.

I use two amps, a 1080 for the fronts and a 1040 for surround. I could have gotten a 1095, but I use Vienna Haydn for surround, and it just seemed like complete overkill.

Comment

• srb
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by hurin
                I use two amps, a 1080 for the fronts and a 1040 for surround.
                Did you mean to say a 1075 for surround?

Comment

• Dmantis
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by june
                  hello all,

Just in my opinion the RMB1095 is a much better sounding amp. I compared the 2 to each other years ago before I got mine and i heard more detail and tighter bass. The RMB1075 is no slouch by no means but directly compared to the RMB1095 you quickly learn why it cost more.

Comment

• hurin
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by srb
                    Did you mean to say a 1075 for surround?
                    No, I have a 4.0 setup. My fronts are a set of Vienna Mahler, one of the best speakers in the world :twisted:

Comment

• srb
                      • Oct 2004

I asked because I wasn't aware of a Rotel 1040 amplifier. I am aware of a RDV-1040 DVD player and an RLC-1040 power conditioner.

Steve

Comment

• hurin
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by srb
                        I asked because I wasn't aware of a Rotel 1040 amplifier. I am aware of a RDV-1040 DVD player and an RLC-1040 power conditioner.

Steve
                        You're right, it's the 1050.

Comment

• wkhanna
                          Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
                          • Jan 2006

Thanks for the clarification, I never heard of a 1040 amp either.

I have a 1050. It’s a great little workhorse and underrated AFA power and performance IMHO.

Still, I would not normally recommend it for use as a power source for a 2ch music system, but it is great for rear surround or 2nd zone duties.

As always:

HTG rule #1: there is no such thing as too much power.
                          HTG rule #2: see rule #1.
                          :W
                          _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
                          ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• sarsi
                            • Nov 2004

I currently have a RSP1098 SSP and RMB1095 power amp setup to drive my B&W 700 series for my home theater and I really like the RMB1095 very much.

I did previously added a RB1092 stereo power digital amp to drive the front left/right B&W 703, after awhile still like the traditional analog sound of the RMB1095 sold the RB1092 and went back to RMB1095 setup.

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"