X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vicente
    • May 2004

RSX 1550 and 3D

I'd like to know if the rsx 1550 would be suited for 3-D tecnology as I can't find anything about it in the specs from the Rotel web.

Thanks. Regards
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Yes, with current firmware on the unit, it will pass all 3D information fine.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Vicente
      • May 2004

Thanks, Kevin

I don't know why Rotel is not advertising this, as other brands do. Or maybe I didn't know how to find it.

Regards

Comment

• hurin
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Vicente
        I don't know why Rotel is not advertising this, as other brands do.
        The jury is still out on 3D, some are arguing it's a fad like in the 50's or that it cannot and never will work.

Comment

• mishalgunner
          • May 2011

I've been informed by tech support that the 3D passthrough is 1080i, not p

Kevin, what's your experience with this?

Thanks

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Well the forum just burped and I lost my 5 paragraph reply.

Essentially, it will pass everything but 1080p sequential. It will pass 1080p top/right (ps3), 1080p left/right (cable/sat), and 1080i sequential.

What you get from a bluray passed through the Rotel would be equal to what you would get from a ps3 or cable/sat.

Like was said in the other thread, you can use a dual output BR to feed the display and Rotel.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Vicente
              • May 2004

I have another question even if it is not related to 3D.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I have my Oppo 83 connected throug HDMI to the 1550 and this to my Pioneer plasma again through HCMI, but I can't get to send the sound to the TV.

Anyone knows what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks. Best regards

Comment

• hurin
                • Sep 2009

First connect the Oppo directly to the Pioneer, if you get sound the Rotel isn't set up correctly. It's probably set to get sound from coaxial or optical rather than HDMI.

Comment

• hifiguymi
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Vicente
                  I have another question even if it is not related to 3D.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I have my Oppo 83 connected throug HDMI to the 1550 and this to my Pioneer plasma again through HCMI, but I can't get to send the sound to the TV.

Anyone knows what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks. Best regards
                  You're doing nothing wrong. When you set the receiver to "AMP" under the HDMI audio it won't pass the audio onto the TV. That's normal. There are some receivers that will pass the audio onto the TV when they are off but not all will and Rotel is one that won't.

Eric

P.S. What is HCMI?

Comment

• Vicente
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by hifiguymi
                    P.S. What is HCMI?
                    :lol: of course a misspell - read HDMI

But it is a pity again that Rotel seems only focused on sound quality (that of course is very good) but forgets all the rest.

And this is a high risk for Rotel, as many competitors from less hi-end brands like Pioneer, Onkyo, Marantz and other are making units that sound equaly good (or sometimes even better), and have all the bells and whistles that Rotel misses for less money.
                    Last edited by Vicente; 19 May 2011, 06:01 Thursday.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"