• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Razvan
    • Jan 2002

UPGRADE!!!

Here's the e-mail I just received from Integra Research:

RDC-7 UPGRADE PROGRAM IS HERE!!!

That's right, you can upgrade your RDC-7 processor to the newest specifications that include
    THX Ultra2 certification and DTS 96/24 processing.

THX Ultra2 replaces the original Ultra specification that was introduced over ten years ago.
    Among the benefits of the new Ultra2 upgrade is that the RDC-7 will perform at its best with
    both movies and music and it will now require only one speaker layout for all program material.
    In addition the upgraded unit will be better equipped to meet the demands of digitally recorded
    soundtracks and music. This will enable you to enjoy a better sound experience over the widest
    listening area while making the system less dependent upon room configuration.

DTS 96/24 processing will offer sound quality equal to the original 96kHz / 24-bit master
    recording. This will result in sound quality that is superior to "CD quality" recordings,
    which are limited to 16-bits and sampling frequencies of 44.1kHz. In addition DTS 96/24 discs
    are not limited to two-channel audio tracks like CDs so you can enjoy your favorites in full
    six-channel format. Unlike other competing multi-channel audio formats, only DTS 96/24 works
    with all existing DVD players. The others require a DVD player that is specifically designed
    for playback of their formats. Also included in the upgrade is a variable subwoofer output
    adjustment with crossover points at 40, 60, 80, 100 and 120Hz for added flexibility to best
    match your speaker system.

Unlike the previous program that involved upgrading the firmware on the RDC-7, the newest
    upgrade also involves making several surface-mount component changes. This will require the
    unit to be returned to a specially certified service center.

The RDC-7 upgrade is available now for an introductory price of $300. This is a limited time
    offer that will last through August 30, 2002 at which time the price will become $500. For
    those customers that paid for the first upgrade we will offer a full $50 credit applicable to
    the cost of the new upgrade. Included with the upgrade are a new shipping carton, prepaid
    shipping labels and a demo DVD. To learn more on the details of the upgrade including a
    timeline of the process please visit our website at http://www.integraresearch.com.

Thank you for your continued patronage of Integra Research. As always, we look forward to
    bringing you the latest advancements in the audio video field.

Regards,

Integra Research's RDC-7 Product Team
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

This is good news. One item that popped right out is the change they have made to the bass management feature from what was originally announced (I wonder if that was the reason for the delay in implementing the upgrade -- if so, it is a good reason!) :>)

Also included in the upgrade is a variable subwoofer output
    adjustment with crossover points at 40, 60, 80, 100 and 120Hz for added flexibility to best match your speaker system.
    Unfortunately, I still cannot find the "details" on the site, http://www.integraresearch.com , beyond the 4/30/2002 press release. Let's hope that will be forthcoming soon.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Steve Goff
      • Feb 2002

The change to include more crossover points is great, and may show that they really were listening. I'm eager to update mine now. i hope Pioneer's decision to put out a DVD-A player with a firewire digital audio link for DVD A will spur on Integra Research to do the same.

Steve Goff
      Steve Goff

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"