X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jjmatheson
    • Jan 2011

Hello, new guy WTB RSP-1069.

Hello,
    I live in Phx Arizona and Looking to possibly buy an RSP-1069. Looking for any input on this processor. I would be upgrading from the RSP-976 that I have loved. I understand its only equipped with HDMI 1.1 and that seems to be fine as my sacd player only has 5.1 anyway no HDMI. My Blu-ray player is equipped with dts hd and dolby hd. I have read that this processor does a great job with those formats even though its 1.1. If you have a 1069 for sale please let me know and what you need for it. Thanks Jeremy
    Last edited by jjmatheson; 03 January 2011, 02:03 Monday.
  • JDH
    • Sep 2004

It might help if you indicate where you are located, I've owned my Rotel RSP-1069 for over two years and currently have no real desire to upgrade. Yes it works well with Blu-ray players that have inbuilt decoding for HD formats. I've currently got my 1069 connected to a OPPO 83 and I let the OPPO do the HD decoding and pass the digital signal on as discrete multi-channel PCM via the HDMI connection.

If you get know offers via club Rotel there is always Ebay. I paid $1100 for my 1069 new so I guess a used one would cheaper than that probably $700 to $900.

JDH.
    Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• TommyV
      • Feb 2007

The 1069 is an excellent processor but you need to update it to the most current software version. They come up for sale on eBay/audiogon often. There is also a section of this forum where you post WTB threads.

Comment

• jjmatheson
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by JDH
        It might help if you indicate where you are located, I've owned my Rotel RSP-1069 for over two years and currently have no real desire to upgrade. Yes it works well with Blu-ray players that have inbuilt decoding for HD formats. I've currently got my 1069 connected to a OPPO 83 and I let the OPPO do the HD decoding and pass the digital signal on as discrete multi-channel PCM via the HDMI connection.

If you get know offers via club Rotel there is always Ebay. I paid $1100 for my 1069 new so I guess a used one would cheaper than that probably $700 to $900.

JDH.
        Yes, Phoenix Arizona. Thats what I thought, just let the player do the decoding. Good thanks. I am not in a hurry, I want a well taken care of unit. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

• jjmatheson
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by TommyV
          The 1069 is an excellent processor but you need to update it to the most current software version. They come up for sale on eBay/audiogon often. There is also a section of this forum where you post WTB threads.

http://www.htguide.com/forum/forumdisplay.php4?f=28
          Ohh, good to know. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"