X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jive Dadson
    • Dec 2010

Rotel RSP menus without monitor

Greetings to all and one!

I have an RSP 1066 that I bought years ago. I am using it for a music system. There's no TV monitor connected to it. I want to change some configuration settings without using the on-screen menus, because, well, there ain't no screen. I was able to do that several years ago, but after some thirty minutes of fiddling, I could not remember how.

I tried operating it as though the monitor were present, counting the number of down-clicks and so forth. No joy. I tired doing it as though the menus both "column major" and "row major." Which is correct? I think I remember that when I did it before, the display on the unit changed to show the selected line in the menu. Now it remains forever showing "CD Vid 1," (input source and selected output).

Can someone help me out here?
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Hi Jive....Dude?......you don't have ANY monitor available to configure the menus??? I would suggest you get one somehow!!. It's a crap shoot otherwise!.
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Jive Dadson
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by madmac
      Hi Jive....Dude?......you don't have ANY monitor available to configure the menus??? I would suggest you get one somehow!!. It's a crap shoot otherwise!.
      I have a computer monitor, an LG L206W. It does not have the right kind of connections. I am out of my league here. All that business of PAL, NTSC, S-video, composite, and whatnot is a dark mystery to me. Anyway, the monitor is in-use on my computer, running from the Olde Fashion analog output. Would it work with a simple converter cable? Or would I need to run it through a DVD player or something? If I got a cheep-o monitor, what would I need? There are some 7" monitors and DVD players on Amazon that look like they might do.

I sure thought I remembered seeing the top-line display on the face of the 1066. I once managed to set up all sorts of esoteric stuff, like group delay to rear speakers. I just don't remember how to do it.

Comment

• mjb
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Any tv or monitor with a "composite" or "s-video" input should work just fine.
        Here is an old thread where a 4" TV was used with a composite cable:

- Mike

Main System:
        B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
        Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Jive Dadson
          • Dec 2010

I will endeavor to score a monitor with S-video or composite inputs. The manual says PAL monitors will not do. I presume anything I obtain in the western hemisphere will be NTSC. But then, I don't know what I am talking about.

Comment

• Jive Dadson
            • Dec 2010

In the meantime, while I shop for a monitor, could you humor me just a bit more?

I would be grateful if someone would go to the menu and toggle their subwoofer on or off, and record the keypunches for me. You know, "M", "Ent", "Right", "Up", "Plus", "Ent" or whatever... I could work it out from that.

But I still wonder how I got the display on the 1066 to work before. I don't think I dreamed it.

Comment

• mjb
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

If you're in North America, an NTSC tv/monitor makes sense, and if the manual recommends NTSC, go with it. Europe uses PAL.
              - Mike

Main System:
              B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS

Comment

• Jive Dadson
                • Dec 2010

It's alive!

Pictures here:http://www.htguide.com/forum/showpos...3&postcount=29

Comment

• mjb
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2005

Hey, that looks great! Good job! :T Glad its all worked out.
                  - Mike

Main System:
                  B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS

Comment

• TommyV
                    • Feb 2007

What monitor is that? That looks really handy to have.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"