X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dan87951
    • Nov 2005

Rotel RCC-1055 acting up

I'm bummed my Rotel RCC-1055 that I bought in 04' is just out of warranty and is starting to act up. The CD-Player will skip multiple times when cold until its warmed up than play semi ok. Is there a service center to get a quote on getting it fixed? I love this thing and unfortunately 5 disc changers aren't really made anymore and I do not want to get a single disc. Any ideas?
    dan87951
    audio guru
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

My suggestion would be to box it up and send back to Rotel for repairs - they may even goodwill the repair.

Comment

• srb
      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by dan87951
      I'm bummed my Rotel RCC-1055 that I bought in 04' is just out of warranty and is starting to act up.
      Although the Rotel warranty on amplifiers, preamplifiers, processors, receivers and tuners is 5 years, I thought the warranty on CD and DVD players was 2 years.

Steve

Comment

• madmac
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2010

Try this...open the drawer all the way with no discs in it. With the drawer out, unplug it and pop open the lid. Inside, you'll see the laser assembly. With a cotton swab and some alcohol, gently wipe the lens clean in circular motion. Also check and clean any belts that drive the laser assembly with swab and alcohol as well. Once done, put the lid back on and check to see if there is any improvement. Laser assemblies do not last forever and eventually start to fail. Yours is only 6 years old so I am surprised that it would fail this quickly. It might simply be just dirty!. It won't be worth paying to get it fixed at this point ($100+ dollars). CD players are basically obsolete now and more people are using their DVD and BD players to drive CD's now. Marantz still makes some 'higher' end cd players still I believe. I have the Marantz CD63 special edition and I can tell you that it absolutely ROCKS !!. The DAC's in that player outperform the DAC's inside my Rotel Receiver by a rather large margin.......and my player is a good 10 years old !! Also, technology has come a long way since you bought yours so you might be very pleased at the sound of a new good unit. Good luck !
        Dan Madden :T

Comment

• dan87951
          • Nov 2005

I will give that a shot. Yea unfortunately rotel quality isn't what it use to be. I know CD's are going away but I still use mine a lot.
          dan87951
          audio guru

Comment

• madmac
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2010

Rotel is still great equipment, using better components than most, but the manufacturing is being done in China now so there may be some quality issues happening at this point. But.......most EVERYTHING is being done is China now to be honest!!.
            Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"