X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

Rotel RMB-1085 vs. RMB-1565

I am at the point where I am considering moving to the Rotel RSP-1570 processor, to mate with a 5-channel amp. I've currently got the RMB-1085, which I love. The options I'm considering are to keep the RMB-1085, or possibly move to the RMB-1565 to match the 1570. My speakers are B&W 805S, HTM4S, and SCMS, and the power of the RMB-1085 seems to be more than sufficient.

So, on the surface, the RMB-1085 and RMB-1565 appear to be very similar, if not the same amp with a new box. However, if you compare the specs, there are several notable differences that make me wonder what has changed inside. Does the 1565 use different/newer ICEpower modules?

Some specs of interest (1085 on the left, 1565 on the right):
    - Damping factor: 200 vs. 400
    - Frequency response: 40kHz vs. 80kHz
    - Signal to noise: 105 vs. 109
    - Power consumption: 250 vs. 280

Has anyone compared these two directly, or have any insight as to the differences? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: also copied question to Rotel Support, and will report any responses I receive.
    Last edited by Blindamood; 10 September 2010, 11:48 Friday.
    Brad
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

After further review

After reviewing the manual for the RMB-1565, it appears that the specs on the Rotel web site are incorrrect. The manual for the 1565 matches the 1085 specs exactly. It appears that some of the specs for the larger RMB-1575 inadvertantly made their way onto the 1565 page (just a hunch).

So, apparently it is the same amp in a different box. I'll go with this unless I hear anything different from Rotel.
    Brad

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"