• Brian482
    • Oct 2007

rsp-1570 + rmb-1565 vs rsx-1560

RSP-1570 - 2200
    RMB-1565 - 1300

Total - 3500

RSX-1560 - 2600

Total - 2600

My question is, is it worth spending the extra money to get separates for the cost difference? With the 1570 combo you will also loss the radio function of the 1560 and because of the 1565 you only get 5 channels at 100 watts vs 7 channels / possible bi-amp of fronts. Also with separates there is the cost of interconnects. I'm wondering if anyone has sat down for a while to A B the two.

Thanks,

Brian
  • Frank Helmling
    • May 2009

Just an opinion since I haven't compared them AB: the Difference is negletable according to people I spoke to. But the difference between class D and class AB is rather obvious. I've decided to go for a non "digital" amp and to be more flexible for the fronts purchased the RSX1550 and will purchase a RB1552 for the fronts since my taste was suited more by the "deeper" sound of a the classAB design. And as you mentioned you are to buy an analog tuner also which will add to the total costs...

But that's just an opinion to consider....
    Greetz from Monnem (Mannheim)

Frank

Comment

• B&W_Group_Fan
      • Sep 2008

Brian,

From my perspective, unless you are looking to go beyond 100WPC, the RSX-1560 represents a great value and sits in the sweet spot of Rotel’s lineup.

I was somewhat skeptical of the Class D products when they first surfaced, but my setup sounds awesome. FWIW - my prior rack had Rotel class A/B gear (RB-1080 & RMB-1095). Personally, I don’t think the RSX-1560 gets enough attention.

I don’t think you would be going wrong by selecting the 1560!
      HT
      Rotel RSX-1560
      B&W Signature 7NT (x6) | B&W FPM6 (center) | Velodyne MiniVee
      Panasonic TH-46PZ800U | Panasonic DMP-BD55
      Apple TV

Kitchen / Dining
      Rotel RB-1510 (RSX-1560 providing source)
      B&W CCM 65 (x4)

Control
      URC MX-880 w/ MRF-350

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"