X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gartht
    • Jul 2010

RSX-965 problem

Helping somebody can guide me - I'm relatively handy ...

Had this amp for years now and love it. But I noticed lately a problem with my front right speaker. Assuming it was the speaker going bad, I swapped it to test - and the problem was still there on a known good speaker. Swapped back and sure enough good speaker was still good. So I tried swapping the speaker wire too. Long story short - the problem is the right channel as produced from the amp.

I am using it as both the pre-amp and amp - nothing strange, no additional AV pieces. I have also tried multiple sources to ensure it wasn't a source issue - it isn't.

Symptom is that all sound going through the speaker sounds crackly and distorted.

I have taken the cover off and looks for obvious gross problems and found none (and took the opportunity to use some compressed air to dust it out). That cured it for a day or two, but it's been back solid since. Knowing a little about amps I suspect there is something getting in at pre-amp levels and it is getting amplified as well. Or a bad cap or connection somewhere.

Any repair gurus out there with suggestions? I don't have another stereo amp hanging around to try pushing out the pre-amp signal only. Any and all suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"