X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paazel
    • Apr 2007

ROTEL RSX-1056 no centre sound on 5.1 inputs

Hello I have a Rotel RSX-1056 connected to my Panasonic DMP-BD80 via Coaxial (Digital) and also 5.1 (Analogue). The sound comes through clearly via all speakers when on digital input; but when on 5.1, I have no sound through centre channel. I have tried new different interconnects, and have also connected centre out from Panasonic to other channel (left surround input) to verify that it is not an issue with my BD player. Is there a setting I am overlooking? I've read the manual front to back, but can't seem to figure it out. The firmware on the 1056 is 1.2.2 (stock).

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by paazel; 09 July 2010, 16:10 Friday.
  • Linki
    • Aug 2007

This might sound stupid, but I assume you checked if the Centre Speaker is not set to none in the RSX.... also have you connected the Centre speaker to one of the other speaker terminals just to make sure the speaker works (highly unlikely that the speaker is bust, but worth a shot)

good luck.

Comment

• srb
      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Linki
      This might sound stupid, but I assume you checked if the Centre Speaker is not set to none in the RSX.... also have you connected the Centre speaker to one of the other speaker terminals just to make sure the speaker works (highly unlikely that the speaker is bust, but worth a shot)
      If you re-read the original post, there is sound through the Center speaker when the Panasonic player is connected via a digital cable, so obviously the Center speaker is working and the receiver's speaker setup is not set to Center = None.

Regardless, the analog 5.1 inputs bypass everything (including individual speaker enabling) but the volume control, and the signals are sent directly to the preamp and speaker outputs. Since you have verified that the player's analog Center channel output works by plugging it into the receiver's 5.1 Left Surround input, it does sound like the analog 5.1 section could have a problem with the Center channel input.

Also, the title refers to the RSX-1056 but you subsequently refer to it as the RSX-1560. I have the RSX-1056 and I am curious as to which receiver it is.

Steve
      Last edited by srb; 09 July 2010, 13:11 Friday.

Comment

• paazel
        • Apr 2007

Hi, it is indeed the RSX-1056 (I've corrected the inconsistencies). I bought this receiver as an upgrade from the RSX-972 for the bass management & ability to sum channels to take advantage of DTS Master & Dolby TrueHD.

Comment

• srb
          • Oct 2004

As I said, the analog 5.1 inputs bypass the internal DSP, and the only thing you can set for the multi inputs are the associated video input default and LFE redirection on or off.

A couple things you could try (if you haven't already):

1. Complete power down: Power down the receiver from the rear panel power switch, unplug the power cord, wait 5 - 10 minutes and power back on.

2. Factory Reset: Although I don't know if a factory reset will accomplish anything relative to the multi inputs, that would be the second thing I would try. A factory reset will reset all of your configuration settings so you may want to try to save the configuration first (may not save all settings).

In the Default Setup menu:

To save configuration: Set User Default > Yes

To reset factory defaults: Factory Default > Yes

To reload saved configuration: User Default > Yes

Again, I don't know if the reset will affect the multi inputs, but it couldn't hurt to try, as I don't know what else can be done except for internal servicing and checking for a faulty cable, connection, electrical component or board.

Steve

Comment

• paazel
            • Apr 2007

Thanks for your suggestions Steve, I'll try both & get back to you.

Comment

• srb
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by paazel
              Thanks for your suggestions Steve, I'll try both & get back to you.
              So did either of those get the center channel speaker working when using the 5.1 multi inputs?

Steve

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"