X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Industrial
    • Mar 2009

xindac LP-1 Phono

Has anyone every seen or heard one of these? My HIFI dealer recommended one of these in my budget (ATM) for my Rega P5. Now, I was initially interested in the Graham Slee era Reflex, but I hear its very detailed. I already have a detailed Benchmark DAC1 music server and kinda want that warm easy listening tube sound for my vinyl. One thing that makes me hesitate is the whole "Made in China as most of my prized stereo pieces are of British Design.
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Never heard of it or them.

what is your budget?

Originally posted by Industrial
    I was initially interested in the Graham Slee era Reflex, but I hear its very detailed. I already have a detailed Benchmark DAC1 music server and kinda want that warm easy listening tube sound for my
    'Very Detailed' in the analog realm is quite a different thing than 'Very Detailed' in the digital realm. Since your are stating with an analog source, a 'detailed' pre is not V likely to make your LP's sound like SeeDee's.

There are plenty well known and tested phono pre's out there.
    Where they are made does not always tell the whole story on how they sound or their quality. Many designs, including those from English companies are being manufactured to impressive standards in China these days.

Still, if it were me, I would look to more recognized name brands for the type of purchase your contemplating.

JMHO YMMV
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Industrial
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by wkhanna
      Never heard of it or them.

what is your budget?

'Very Detailed' in the analog realm is quite a different thing than 'Very Detailed' in the digital realm. Since your are stating with an analog source, a 'detailed' pre is not V likely to make your LP's sound like SeeDee's.

There are plenty well known and tested phono pre's out there.
      Where they are made does not always tell the whole story on how they sound or their quality. Many designs, including those from English companies are being manufactured to impressive standards in China these days.

Still, if it were me, I would look to more recognized name brands for the type of purchase your contemplating.

JMHO YMMV

Im in Canada, wont buy used and pretty much my two choices at the moment for a $1,000 budget for SS is the Graham Slee Era Reflex, and for tubes its the Xindac,

Xindac LP-1 Inside View

Its two separate compartments united by one faceplate. I got to hear a Xindac Tube amp and it was actually really nice sounding. One thing about getting the Xindac is my dealer has a tradeup program, where within one year I get 100% back towards something better.

I actually got to hear a Graham Slee in action, its the closest ive ever heard vinyl sound like a CD. IT was super dynamic and clear with just a few pops and tics. In not saying thats bad, just that it sounds a lot like my Benchmark DAC1 setup. I need a different flavor

Just wish it had some reviews! Only ones are find are dutch saying its decent.
      I also have no idea really how a Tubed Phone stage (uses 4 tubes) would sound vs using Solid State. Does it use enough "gain/power etc" to impart some of that Tube "warmth"? Or does it just end up sounding like a SS device with 4 glowing tubes in it? Bah, perhaps I should get one and get the other in future and swap devices for different moods heh.

Oh btw, im using it with a Rega P5

Comment

• Industrial
        • Mar 2009

Oh well, My dealer ordered two anyways. One for him and one for me in case I wanted it after hearing it. When it comes in I'm going to bring my Phono stage in and compare them. :T

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Industrial
          Oh well, My dealer ordered two anyways. One for him and one for me in case I wanted it after hearing it.
          Now that sounds like a good dealer. I'm jealous.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Industrial
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by David Meek
            Now that sounds like a good dealer. I'm jealous.
            Yea I'm actually lucky. His shop is setup almost like a hi fi club. Leather sofas and no pressure to buy and just look listen and chat over coffee wich he provides

That and the he's the only dealer I've met who even wants to deal in tube tech...

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"