X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slyther3
    • Apr 2006

Blown channel or speaker HELP

Hello. I am having a seriously bad day. I have a Rsx 1067 receiver and I think I may have lost the center channel.... Is that possible and how can I be sure. My setup is Rotel 1067, 1080 2 channel for fronts, and Paradigm studio's front, center and rears. I have a B&W sub. I also am having a hard time getting the OSD to come up on the screen. All equipment is only a few years old and I never blast the music. two nights ago a loud buzz came out of the center speaker while playing the PS3 ( MW2) and my receiver will periodically go out with no sound. If anyone has an answer I would appreciate it. Thanks
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

slyther3,

Bummer.

For you center channel, do this test. Turn everything off. Switch the speaker wires, at the speaker end, with one of your mains, say the left.

If your center channel amp in the receiver is out, then the left speaker will do nothing. You'll then know the problem. If you do get output in the left speaker, then it would be the actual center channel that is the problem.

As to your OSD, that is wierd. Make sure the video cable you are using is connected correctly. Also, you can try and swap out that video cable. I'ts not often, but I've had a cable go bad.

As for the reciever just shutting off, that definitely sounds liek an ionternal issue. Like the power supply acting bad.

Rotel recievers have 5 year warranties on them from a dealer. Assuming you got it from a delaer, you would be covered for any repairs.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• slyther3
      • Apr 2006

Thanks I will try that. What do you think the chances of the speaker being blown? I never abuse them. I'll also check with my dealer but they aren't that supportive usually. When you say speaker end are you meaning remove the wires from the receiver and switch speakers or are you saying from the speaker? Sorry I love audio but am not that technical.

Comment

• htsteve
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

Actually, simply switch the speaker wires at the back of the receiver. Just switch the center with the left.

If it's to hard to get to the back of the receiver, then switch the wires at the speaker end. Unhook the wires from the left and center channels and switch them.

Comment

• slyther3
          • Apr 2006

Thanks I'll give it a whirl. I talked to my dealer and they said the same.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"