X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cool Mr Steve
    • Oct 2006

Problem with H/K Receiver

I currently have a Harmon Kardon AVR 340 and a pair of Swans 5.2 main speakers. I'm about to get a center channel for my system and build a set of surrounds, but I have an issue; When I "enable" the use of a center channel on my receiver the sound "oscillates," like there is a short in the system somewhere. The oscillation doesn't have any rhythm, the sound gets lower, then returns to normal whenever it feels like it. The receiver works perfectly when I use it in stereo mode, but when I enable the center channel, which I don't have but will be getting soon, the problem starts. I am about to take it to a repair shop to have it looked at (the fans don't work on it, either) but I wanted to know if anyone has any input.

*EDIT* I hooked up a crappy boom box speaker to the center channel output and enabled the center channel. Everything sounded correct and I wasn't able to pick up on the oscillation in my main speakers. Do I simply need a center channel hooked up when I enable it or it will sound incorrect?
  • slayer
    • Dec 2005

That is the sound panning between the LCR's. When you had it hooked up without the center the info was just getting lost. Leave it on stereo until you get your center.
    Parasound Halo C2
    Earthquake Cinenova Grande (5ch amp)
    Crown X1000 (2ch amp)
    Oppo BDP103
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 Tube DAC
    Xbox One
    Monster Cable Signiture Series HTPS 7000
    Panasonic 60" ST Series Plasma
    BenQ HT1075 projector w/ 92" Dragonfly screen
    Energy Veritas 2.2i fronts
    Energy Veritas 2.0i center
    CAT Tiburon series side surround
    Energy E-XL 15 rear surround
    Velodyne SMS-1
    Custom 15" sealed sub (Diamond Audio TDX15)

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

Indeed, check you menu for your speaker mode configuration and try using the EzSet function when you have the set completed.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Cool Mr Steve
        • Oct 2006

Exactly what I wanted to hear! Thanks a lot, guys!

Comment

• Cool Mr Steve
          • Oct 2006

Oops, posted twice... Thanks again!
          Last edited by Cool Mr Steve; 11 December 2006, 06:11 Monday. Reason: posted twice

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"