X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mintchris
    • Jun 2009

Replacement remote

So my dog thought the remote for my RSX 1550 would be a good chew toy!!
    Which means I need a new one or something similar. Contacted Rotel who told me $150. Are there any cheaper options? Will a general universal remote do the trick or do I need to specific rotel remote. Was the RR1061 I believe.
    Thanks!
  • chrispy35
    • Feb 2004

I recommend a Logitech Harmony remote. Way more functionality and a wide range of prices to fit the budget.

Chris P.

Comment

• mintchris
      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by chrispy35
      I recommend a Logitech Harmony remote. Way more functionality and a wide range of prices to fit the budget.

Chris P.
      OK awesome! Thanks! So there is nothing on my receiver that is exclusive to that remote that a Harmony wont be able to control?

Comment

• chrispy35
        • Feb 2004

In addition to having a gigantic on-line database for control of various manufacturers' hardware, the Harmony remotes can also learn commands just like any other learning remote.

Chris P.

Comment

• SkyDover
          • Feb 2010

Don't forget about "Universal Remote" brand.

URC (Universal Remote Control) offers luxury home automation & commercial automation systems. Experience premium control & automation for your home or business.

Some of their remotes that go for $300.00 to $400.00, I just got on closeout for $75.00 and they are great remotes that are learning remotes or database input built in or through computer online depending what model you pick.

I really like the ones that DO NOT require programming it through the darn computer! New Windows versions break the software!

Good luck.

Comment

• Nuthed
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by chrispy35
            In addition to having a gigantic on-line database for control of various manufacturers' hardware, the Harmony remotes can also learn commands just like any other learning remote.

Chris P.
            True, but don't you need the original, working remote so the new remote can "learn" from it? The OP has a dog chew toy now.
            Main System

RSX-972 driving center and surrounds
            RB980-BX driving mains
            Paradigm Monitor 9s V5
            Paradigm Monitor C-390 V5
            Paradigm Monitor Atoms V5
            SVS PB-12

Comment

• Dhart86
              • Feb 2010

Mintchris,
              If you are interested, I have a brand new, never been used (In Box) Rotel RR1061 remote. I'd be willing to sell for 1/2 the rotel price

Comment

• chrispy35
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Nuthed
                True, but don't you need the original, working remote so the new remote can "learn" from it? The OP has a dog chew toy now.
                That is true if the remote is not already in the Harmony database. I think Rotel is fairly well covered in that regard.

Chris P.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"