X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thyname
    • Jan 2005

Replacement Remote

Do you guys know where to find replacement remotes for older Rotel models?

I need a RR-969 remote for my RSX-1065 receiver.

Searched the web and found nothing for that particular model. There are replacement/ universal remotes for others, but not that specific model.

My Harmony Touch controls it but is missing some commands, such Menu button for the OSD, and that button is not on front panel either.
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Your in a bit of a pickle there! Bare in mind that ANY RSX era Rotel remote will operate your receiver if you can find one. What exactly is wrong with your remote?
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• thyname
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by madmac
      Your in a bit of a pickle there! Bare in mind that ANY RSX era Rotel remote will operate your receiver if you can find one. What exactly is wrong with your remote?
      I appreciate you chiming in.

I bought this used through Craigslist (for $175!!), and the guy did not have the remote.

Do you happen to have the model number(s) for "any RSX era Rotels"? Again, I am interested in accessing the OSD displays menus (most importantly "menu" button), as these are not available on Front panel and my Harmony remote.

Thanks!

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

RR-1050
        RR-1060
        RR-1061 (Current replacement available for $112 direct from Rotel)

I believe you should be able to chat with Harmony and get any missing commands added to your remote too.

Kevin D.

Comment

• thyname
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Kevin D

I believe you should be able to chat with Harmony and get any missing commands added to your remote too.

Kevin D.
          Kevin: You were right. Did some "google-ing" on Harmony, and I got the Menu button.

It is all good. Thank you so much for your help!

Comment

• madmac
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by thyname
            I appreciate you chiming in.

I bought this used through Craigslist (for $175!!), and the guy did not have the remote.

Do you happen to have the model number(s) for "any RSX era Rotels"? Again, I am interested in accessing the OSD displays menus (most importantly "menu" button), as these are not available on Front panel and my Harmony remote.

Thanks!
            BTW.......Thyname, you got a REALLY good deal on that AVR !!! Glad Kevin was able to help you. Enjoy your Rotel. It ROCKS !!
            Dan Madden :T

Comment

• thyname
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by madmac
              BTW.......Thyname, you got a REALLY good deal on that AVR !!! Glad Kevin was able to help you. Enjoy your Rotel. It ROCKS !!
              I know. Amazing, isn't it? Sometimes people have no idea what they own. You can find all sorts of things on Craigslist.

I am happy to be back with Rotel. As you can see from my profile, I have been a long time Rotel user. I used to have all Rotel separates, including a dedicated CD player (RCD-1072 or 1070 I believe). It was great! I sold everything when life got in the way (kids were born, priorities shifted, etc. etc.). Slowly rebuilding my stereo systems and HT in general now.

Thanks all for your help. I certainly remember Kevin from back then. Some other members as well, quickly scanning through forums.

Comment

• ex-hafler
                • Feb 2017

I bought an RSX-1055 from ebay and it comes with a "replacement" remote, but I am preparing for the worst. It is supposed to be here on Thursday... I am pretty stoked.

Which Harmony remote did you end up using?

Comment

• hockey_101
                  • Oct 2015

**** many devices have ir blasters built in******

**** MANY DEVICES HAVE IR BLASTERS BUILT IN - SEE IF YOUR DEVICE IS ON THIS LIST

If it is, download Sure remote app and there is EVERY setting for all of the Rotel receivers. Trust me I have this on my Galaxy tab 7, which I use as a dedicated remote. Blows away those Logitech Harmony remotes (Used to have the 1100).. You can get a Galaxy tab 7 on eBay in excellent condition for under $75 bucks shipped.

Comment

• Alaric
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by hockey_101
                    **** MANY DEVICES HAVE IR BLASTERS BUILT IN - SEE IF YOUR DEVICE IS ON THIS LIST

If it is, download Sure remote app and there is EVERY setting for all of the Rotel receivers. Trust me I have this on my Galaxy tab 7, which I use as a dedicated remote. Blows away those Logitech Harmony remotes (Used to have the 1100).. You can get a Galaxy tab 7 on eBay in excellent condition for under $75 bucks shipped.

I knew I had seen this info here recently, but couldn't find it to respond to the thread. Good info!
                    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                    Schiit Modi 3
                    Marantz CD5005
                    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• ex-hafler
                      • Feb 2017

Ya... downloaded that app on an old HTC One and yes. It is the real deal. THANK YOU SO MUCH. The Redi Remote that came with it is absolute garbage. It has been relegated to volume and power only duty.

Comment

• RockShow02
                        • Jan 2018

thanks to this thread I am getting some helpful info on my own remote issues.

I have had an RSX-1067 for 11 and a half years and really really like it. The extremely transparent, accurate sound quality is very nice to say the least.

Recently the remote functions have started to fail on my RR-1050 starting with the source select buttons and then everything numeric. Now I have On, Off, and Volume control working only (I guess - I haven't tested everything on this).

Is there an easy way to know if the remote is not working properly in order to know that my problem is the remote and not the receiver? I guess I could test the receiver with a universal remote, but I would rather not spend any money right now on this problem.

Also, the display on my remote seems to work properly with button action, so the buttons on the remote work perfectly as intended (apparently).

Thanks everyone!

Comment

• Frank Helmling
                          • May 2009

Remote function via Tablet

Originally posted by hockey_101

This kinda insecures me for sure: What kind of tablet can I use for remote purposes? Wifi? Bluetooth? WLAN? Which one works in conjuntion with the infrared receiver unit of a ROTEL RSX 1562?

Thanks in advance from Germany
                          Greetz from Monnem (Mannheim)

Frank

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"