X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daspaceman
    • Jan 2010

Want to get more from your Rotels??

Just got a pair of proacs d two, and i must say it`s a marriage made in heaven. It replaced my old b&w dm602.
    Everything just sound just right now.
    My currents system : Rotel rsp1069 --- Rotel rmb1075 --- proacs :T

What dedicated 2 channel amp upgrade do you recommand for my new speakers? Speaker sensitivity is 88 vs 91 of the b&w. I used to listen at a level of 60/100 with the b&w and at a level of 70-80/100 now, and feel that a better amp will drive the proacs better.

Thanks
    A/V Preamp: Rotel RSP-1069
    Power Amp : Rotel RMB-1075
    Speakers : ProAC response d two&centre,AS6Sub,Monitor.A RXFX
    Cables : Nordost Cables.
  • TommyV
    • Feb 2007

Damn those are costing. Quite a bit out of my price range.

Comment

• daspaceman
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by TommyV
      It`s damn worth it.. SAVE! or try to find second hand... I guess there arent a lot of guys selling these beauties though.

If you have the b&w dm602 like i Have,( now in the study room), the improvement is like night and day. It makes the b&w dm602`s sound as if their midrange is inexistant.

The proac response d 2 is so alive in conjunction with a rotel pre/pro..... I couldnt believe it my self.

Comment

• theblue
        • Dec 2009

it's a little bit of an apples to oranges comparison. I'm pretty sure many Honda owners would find a Mercedes more enjoyable
        Marantz SR5002 (music fed by apple airport express via optical)
        rotel RB-985 THX (4 channels bipowering fronts, 1 for the center)
        B&W - 683, CDM-CNT, CDS3 (sides), DM601 (rears)
        a combo of haveflex and audioquest cables.

Comment

• daspaceman
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by theblue
          it's a little bit of an apples to oranges comparison. I'm pretty sure many Honda owners would find a Mercedes more enjoyable
          Yes I know but rotel gear excels with these type of speakers :B

Comment

• TommyV
            • Feb 2007

Yea my speaker upgrade probably won't be that big of a jump. I was just looking at getting some 683 towers in my main setup.

Never heard of the ProACs though. I read some nice reviews. Glad you are happy with them.

Are you doing to try out class D Rotel now or stick with the Class A/B?

Comment

• daspaceman
              • Jan 2010

Tommy, why dont you buy the b&w cm7 or cm9 with the money of a floorstander which is of a better quality, and let the bass duties for a subwoofer .

I`m going to stick to a bigger rotel class a/b amp, maybe an rb1080 or rb1090. Id is find a second hand classe` or bryston power amp, maybe I buy that. I have to do some research first.

Comment

• TommyV
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by daspaceman
                Tommy, why dont you buy the b&w cm7 or cm9 with the money of a floorstander which is of a better quality, and let the bass duties for a subwoofer .

I`m going to stick to a bigger rotel class a/b amp, maybe an rb1080 or rb1090. Id is find a second hand classe` or bryston power amp, maybe I buy that. I have to do some research first.
                Well my center is a LCR 600 S3 (the big one). I don't really want to have to replace that as well as my L and R speakers.

I may get some CM5s for my othe 2ch setup and just leave my HT as it is.

I am looking for a really good pair of bookshelves that won't break the bank for the 2ch system. That is part of the reason I was thinking about floor standers is I could just move my 601 S3s down to the 2ch setup. I personally like the sound of the 601s over the 602s. The 602 always had a weird boomy sound to me and I did not like the midrange.

Comment

• daspaceman
                  • Jan 2010

I agree with you about the midrange and boominess of the 602`s. Try to place the 602`s away from side and rear walls, at least 80cm.
                  I have not heard the 601`s.

By mistake i mentioned the cm7 and cm9.. i wanted to type cm5.. as that is a bookshelf.

Comment

• Tha Freak
                    • Jul 2003

I’m under the impression that speakers in the grade of the ProAcs would be more pleased with an amp in the grade of Classé (to stay in the family) ??
                    - - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?

Comment

• daspaceman
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Tha Freak
                      I’m under the impression that speakers in the grade of the ProAcs would be more pleased with an amp in the grade of Classé (to stay in the family) ??
                      Hello The freak..

You just read my mind... just posted a post in the classe` forum.
                      I will still be a rotel loyal member especially when it comes to HT.

Comment

• maxwebster
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by TommyV
                        More affordably, the procAc 140s are also very special. I have with my 1570 (powered by Bryston).

Comment

• daspaceman
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by maxwebster
                          More affordably, the procAc 140s are also very special. I have with my 1570 (powered by Bryston).
                          This is very interesting.. What Bryton amp are you using?
                          Does it sound bright with the proacs. I love detailed sound, and i`m considering classe` audio and bryston too for my new proacs

Comment

• maxwebster
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by daspaceman
                            This is very interesting.. What Bryton amp are you using?
                            Does it sound bright with the proacs. I love detailed sound, and i`m considering classe` audio and bryston too for my new proacs
                            If by bright, you mean sweet - then yes

I've have a powerpac 300 on each spkr and love the combination. The bottom end is to die for, and the midrange is not too bright in my setup at all.

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"